Snow-covered UK from space!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it kinda looks like some ones covered the uk with tin foil lol! The snow is lovely but it's been causing chaos for travelling on the roads, our county is running seriously out of grit so driving is getting to be quite a test of nerves lol!

i saw this on tv - surreal! we just wish the council could be bothered to give us grit to make our hill safe:X you cant get out of the village without going up another small but lethal hill either. that said dogs and buns are loving the snow. kids arent as exmouth college only closed for one day unlike all the other schools in the area:)

I was in the Uk for a few days around New Year's.There was a small bit of snow and I loved it. The in-laws must have thought I was very odd running out walking across the newly fallen snow. I just love that dry crunching noise and the crisp air.
Ireland has quite a bit of snow now as well but unfortunately I am too far South and we don't even have a sprinkle. Every morning the grass looks white from the frost though and I keep hoping to wake up to snow some morning.

Love the snow till it melts then if it refreezes it`s a nightmare ,one town has been taking sand off the beach to use as grit as we`ve run out.everyone`s moaning as some roads are`nt gritted but my council has said it wont grit low volume of traffic roads because the traffic is needed the grind the grit into the snow and so braking it up. To put it on those side roads everyone is avoiding once it has thick snow laid on it is a waste of money,and there was never enough grit for every road in the uk be done!

In Dublin, Ireland we have LOADS of snow! Well I mean, its loads for us lol. Where I live its like 2 inches but it seems like a lot because it builds up on everything!

mouse_chalk wrote:
I just thought this was so pretty:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/8447023.stm

I don't know about everyone else but I'm loving the snow. It's the only time I really like winter- everything is cold, crisp, and beautiful. Until it starts to melt and it all goes brown and slushy, lol.

Go snow!

That is a cool, and pretty picture.

I just don't like driving in snow. I'm not good at it, and other people are worse, :p

sbaxter wrote:
,one town has been taking sand off the beach to use as grit as we`ve run out.

this got suggested to our parish council, many of us have even offered to get out there and clear our hills. no chance! we would be breaking the law by removing articles from the beach, and by removing snow from the public highway. we're now waiting for all the elderly residents inching their way to the shop sprinkling salt as they go to be arrested:p

:yeahthat: i know! when i think of all the sand thats come home on dogs/kids/me/hubby/car! from now on i shall be sweeping it up and taking it back like the good citizen i am:p

hartleybun wrote:
:yeahthat: i know! when i think of all the sand thats come home on dogs/kids/me/hubby/car! from now on i shall be sweeping it up and taking it back like the good citizen i am:p

LOL:roflmao::vacuum:

I usually love snow and I've enjoyed having a white Christmas and fun sledging etc,but I am so sick of it now. We've had continuous snow for about 4 weeks and it's so ridiculously deep now. It's about 2 foot deep in some parts here, which is so unheard of in the UK! The roads are in such bad condition as well, we can't get out of our street and there is absolutely no grit left - it's disgraceful! Thankfully it's been warming up today...well I say warm, it's been about 3*C. ;)Still - warm enough for the snow to start melting a bit!

Proper real snow for the first time in years!!!!
Image0034.jpg

I have been in Ireland for about twenty years and it's the first time ever I've seen proper powdery snow:woohoo

Snow here today too :)
We got snow like this a week or so ago, but it melted the next day. No school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday :pinkbouce:

sbaxter wrote:
hartleybun wrote:

LOL:roflmao::vacuum:
:sweep:sweepthink of me tomorrow after taking the dogs on the beach.....

irishbunny wrote:
Snow here today too :)
We got snow like this a week or so ago, but it melted the next day. No school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday :pinkbouce:
There making me go back on Wednesday :X!

Latest posts

Back