Snoring?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
Does anyone else's bunny snore? Yesterday afternoon, I heard this really strange noise coming out of the rabbit room when I walked by. I peeked in, and Benjamin was the only one asleep. I watched him a little while, and he was indeed snoring.
Didn't know if I should laugh or be worried!

I don't think that Lily snores but our cats and dogs sure do! Did it sound like normal snoring or I-can't-breath snoring? If the first, I wouldn't worry about it. But you could ask your vet at the next check up.

BethM wrote:
Does anyone else's bunny snore? Yesterday afternoon, I heard this really strange noise coming out of the rabbit room when I walked by. I peeked in, and Benjamin was the only one asleep. I watched him a little while, and he was indeed snoring.
Didn't know if I should laugh or be worried!
isn,t that a sweet sound,,wow--makes one wonder about health problems though.../.my bun snowball flopped over,,like he was shot,,my- heart completely stopped--then he snored,,-i thought -whew--beat heart,,beat..i almost required cpr-,i swear that rabbit almost done me in,..but he seems fine,,health wise,//,i think he enjoys scaring me---it is supposed to be a sign of contentment,happy,secure....,sincerely james waller:bunnydance::biggrin2::pinkbouce::wave::rose:

How old is Ben and how long have you had him?

Is he snoring when he's awake? Any sign of him sitting up or lifting his nose up more than usual?

I think they ran every test in the book on Dawn's Baxter and came up with nothing. When I was bunsitting, he was on my lap and snoring and snorting up a storm as a petted him. I thought he must be stressed or something so I lifted him off and put him beside me. He stopped snoring, looked around, nary a wheeze, then jumped back on my lap for pets and immediately started snoring again. :biggrin2:

Never had another one do that, though. When Radar started 'snoring', it was more of a wheeze. The Vet said he was all clear, although I think it did eventually turn out to be a upper respiratory infection (or 'rhinitis or something').

Keep an eye on him, what for a discharge, but not much of a worry at this point.

sas :bunnydance:

I've had some that snore...I threatened to put nasal strips on them (I wouldn't do that - I was only kidding).

Then again - I've also had talkers who drive me up the wall too!

Latest posts

Back