SNIFFERS HAD BABIES!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphreditie70

Reaction score
hello all i'm am soo excited! Sniffers had her first litter i just noticed them this morning at 8am. after noticing a huge pile of fur in the corner of her cage! looks like she plucked enough for another bunny! LOL! at first i thought is she faking it again? but then i seen movement! i think she is still unsure and haven't seen her feed them yet. i did see her sniff at the nest and heared a baby squeek which made her jump! LOL! i have been keeping an eye on her and am getting ready to spot clean her cage. and will try to peek at the babies to see how many she has an take pictures. i was wondering should i put a nest box in there? and move the babies into the nestbox? or let her be for now? i don't want her to get spooked and kill them. please if u have any suggestions help!

She is in a plastic bottom cage and all 4 of my buns are indoors. i am planning on putting cardboard around the cage where she has her nest.to give her privacy.
Here's a pic of the new mommy!

congratulations your a bunny grammy!

If the room is warm and when you poke a finger in there the babies are good and warm you don't have to move them, You can if you would like to though put them into a nest box. nest boxes will make cleaningeasier for you and be more secure for mom and babies. Babies have a bad habit of slipping through the wire and freezing to death very quickly.

Keep in mind Moms only feed for a few minutes twice a day, you may not be up when she has fed them, She shouldn't spook to badly if you look around and check babies forfull tummy's and to be sure they are all alive, remove any that passed over, If she does get a bit tweaky give hera piece of her favorite treat while you look in there.

I left Sniffers out whilei cleaned out her cage and decided to put the babies in a nest box. feel much safer with them in a nest box.i rubbed my hand in her bedding so it would mask my scent. she has 9 babies. must of had ten because i found one dead. i took2 picture couldn't take more then two because my batteries died. grr! i am sooo excited! i will keep u posted! this is my first time bredding my buns. if all goes well then maybe i'll breed my pair of dutches next! i'm going to put up a page on my site for them as well.

Can you post a pic of Mama and Daddy bun?

OMG! Ive never seen buns so NEW!
Thank you for the pic

Heres THumper the daddy! i just took this pic today he has somehtin on his nose. i noticed last ime he was out an put him away it was bleedin. i thought he scrapped it on somethin. but it looks funny. i've been treaing the house an my catsfor fleas.i sprayed the buns cages today with spray for them. all but sniffers of course. i put some vasaline on it because he scrapped it open. i'm gonna keep n i on it.

Cuter babies , I love it when they are so tiny!!!

Rather than use Vasiline usesome Bacitracin or Neo Sporin , or even Triple antibiotic gel, it will help heal it fasterand wont clog up when it getswarm. Thin layer will do , Looks like the Dad may have a bit of Dutch in him also. cute babies keep the pictures coming.

AWW he looks like he wants parole....
Keep the pics comin!

ty! i think both parents are mixed with dutch. sniffers was an easter gift to my son. thumper i got from work. and it doesn't tell us on invoice the breed just that they are dwarfs. i looked into it when i bought him. if u look at sniffers she looks like she has a necklace on lol. the way she has a thin streak of white all around her neck. i did see one of the babies is gonna be dutch.

How cute! They are going to have babies too?

They look like this gif I found :)
The new babies look light and dark, like some will be the color of Dad.

LOL no they aren't havein babeis too. i'll wait to see how we do with these babies first. besides i have hamsters i breed for work. i have one hammy due next week. and plan on getting my other 3 female hammys prego soon as well.

Congratz on the babies :) I am impatiently waiting for my mother in laws bun to have hers and mine to get old enough to breed. For some dumbo reason I thought she was already ready and looking back she is only 3 months old lol ooops.

don't feel bad. i've been wanting to breed mine since i bought thumper in march. but he wasn't old enough yet he was only 3 mths then. sniffers was 10 mths when we got her. Sniffers matured before thumper. and even then it took awhile. Sniffers had a fake pregnancy. i was exicted for nothin. i asked for help then. i bought my dutches during the summer at a fair. i asked the breeders questions. i also talked to a breeder online he told me even though they mature early a lot of times they don't produce till almost 1 yrold. sniffers is 1 yr thumper will be a yr next mth. so give it time. its definately woth the wait!

I have raised Dutch for many years my son has 3. I breed at 6 or 7 months i wouldn't wait till they are a year old sometimes if you wait that long you never get babies.bluebird

C:bunnydance:O:bunnydance:N:bunnydance:G:bunnydance:R:bunnydance:A:bunnydance:T:bunnydance:U:bunnydance:L:bunnydance:A:bunnydance:T:bunnydance:I:bunnydance:O:bunnydance:N:bunnydance:S!!

Latest posts

Back