Sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allenstacy74

Reaction score
My bunny has recently started sneezing, not excessively, she is eating, drinking and her urine and stool are both normal, and there is no gunk around her eyes or nose, she seems to be her normal self but just sneezing, my other bun never sneezes and I realise that sneezing can be a sign of respiratory issues etc.. any ideas on why she may be sneezing with no other symptoms? And whether I should be concerned?

My bunny has recently started sneezing, not excessively, she is eating, drinking and her urine and stool are both normal, and there is no gunk around her eyes or nose, she seems to be her normal self but just sneezing, my other bun never sneezes and I realise that sneezing can be a sign of respiratory issues etc.. any ideas on why she may be sneezing with no other symptoms? And whether I should be concerned?
Or even how I could treat her

It's possible she could have a tickle in her nose from a piece of fur or hay or dust.
So update from when I posted this, I woke up this morning and checked her and she now has a pale yellow discharge around her nose. Unfortunately the vets by me are closed today which is just typical. Is there anything I can use as home remedy to help her until I can book her an appointment at the vets? I do have a bunny medical kit at home but I’m not sure how useful any of it would be in this situation..

Closed on a Thursday? Please update your location on your profile per forum policy. Then perhaps someone might be able to offer some vet suggestions.

Yellow discharge means there is an infection and bunny will need safe antibiotics -- the sooner given, the better the prognosis.

Closed on a Thursday? Please update your location on your profile per forum policy. Then perhaps someone might be able to offer some vet suggestions.

Yellow discharge means there is an infection and bunny will need safe antibiotics -- the sooner given, the better the prognosis.
I live in the UK. And I’m from a small village and vet suggestions wouldn’t do me any help as I can’t drive and it’s rather difficult to travel to the other vets, though I will update my profile. I thought the exact same thing, confused why it’s shut on a Thursday but Im calling them tomorrow to arrange an appointment and will get her seen ASAP

Are you sure it's colored discharge and not just wetness around the nose that's picked up some dust from litter, hay, etc? Most often the discharge from a bacterial respiratory infection will be white and sticky. If it's thin and runny, then it's probably clear discharge colored by dust, which clear discharge can have a variety of causes.

Are you sure it's colored discharge and not just wetness around the nose that's picked up some dust from litter, hay, etc? Most often the discharge from a bacterial respiratory infection will be white and sticky. If it's thin and runny, then it's probably clear discharge colored by dust, which clear discharge can have a variety of causes.
I’ll try and take a picture of her nose to show you, from what I can see it’s a very pale yellow colour (she’s a pure white rabbit so makes it easier to see) from what I can see, even while her nose is wet it seems to be tinted yellow, not white, but it is sticky/gooey

Took her to the vet today, she has a early on infection so I’m picking up her antibiotics soon and hopefully she’ll get better quick 🥰

Latest posts

Back