Sneezing while shedding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deliciosa

Reaction score
Mimi's been shedding quite a bit lately, as she does during this time of year - I'm able to brush a sizable clump of white fluff out of her coat every day. But with this shedding, she's also sneezing quite a bit! I think it's a combination of a slight allergy to the dust in the hay and the fur that is floating around and occasionally sticking to her nose.

She is having bad sneezing fits, so I'm a bit worried. No excess mucus dried around her nose from what I can see.

Her appetite is good, poops are normal... Does she need to see a vet?

have you checked her front paws/wrists just to make sure there's no mucus on them, either? (they tend to use their wrists as tissues)

you can try sifting the hay a bit to get some of the dust out; also, other great tricks for collecting loose fur are to use a lint roller after brushing to collect the last bit of loose stuff and to dampen your hands and run them over your bunny, then roll them together to get the hair off (repeat a few times).

Latest posts

Back