Sneezing since I rescued him?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachable

Reaction score
I rescued my bunny George about 3 months ago and have no prior health history- I'm not even sure how old he is :( But since I've had him he sneezes all the time. Acts fine, no runny nose, eats great, doesn't drink much but eats a lot of greens so isn't dehydrated or anything- also, his brown "m&m's" we'll call em', have always been different in size & shape. He appears healthy & happy, but today i noticed A LOT of 'nutrient poops' (can't spell what the actual name is off hand), and his m&m's are in greater quantity as well? I guess my main concern is the sneezing (i HOPE its a sneeze?)...I've read so much about rabbits since acquiring him, but curious to see what yal might think :) it seems to be inconsistent information online so thought may be best to holler at people who actually own rabbits and have personal experience. ..look forward to responses!

if you want to really know what's up you'll have to vet him. Get nasal swabs and what not.

Otherwise we are just guessing.
To test for allergies you'd need to test what might be the trigger.

The sneezing... might be an illness.
does he have matting on his front legs at all?

I use the "critter care" bedding from Walmart, mixed with paper i shred via a shredder. I've read about allergies to "hay dust" & since noticed the 'bagged kind' u get at ANY store (walmart, petsmart) does have a lot of 'dust' when u get into it...i actually got some in my eyes once and it was NOT fun :/ thinkin about hitting up a feed store but unsure of what exactly I'm looking for...George doesn't really like the bagged hay anyway :( he hardly puts a dent in what i give him daily. Feel like im just throwing away half of it- but for George, i will ♡ but id rather he LIKE it. And no matting on paws or runny nose. Appears healthy and fine :) thankfully...was reading about 'mega colon' because of his inconsistently shaped droppings. ..that scared me. But like i said, he has always ate well & appeared healthy - minus the few things mentioned. ..

hes poop looks good ( now that sounds funny, but it true )

have you been giving him hay ... ? maybe the small part(s) or the dust from it may make him sneeze .. ? ( my girl had that problem and toss the small parts away along w/ the bedding which was pine )

how come is his living space also .. ?

Latest posts

Back