Sneezing rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince

Reaction score
So recently my 5 month old doe has been acting really weird. She has been sneezing so much and digging the bottom of her cage and I don’t know if this is normal. Also I’d like to mention she keeps biting me and doesn’t let me pick her up anymore. She’s also been ripping her newspaper which she never did before.

I’m not sure if it has anything to do that my male MIGHT have impregnated her 12 days ago (I’m not really sure). Please can you tell me this is normal behaviour for mini lops because she used to be so loving and caring.

She might have become hormonal which often happen around that period.

A little like a teenage period which they will rebel and their personalities often changes.

Sneezing, is her noise wet around or does she sneeze after digging and stuffing her head somewhere. My buck often sneeze when he’s eating hay. because it start to dust.

She might be pregnant also.

Yeah she sneezes after she keeps digging and carrying hay around

A bit about pregnant bunnies:

https://www.thesprucepets.com/pregnancy-in-rabbits-4171961

But it can also be just hormones acting up for your doe. It’s something you will have to wait and see, if she show the signs of a pregnant bun or just a false pregnancy.

If you are not going to breed her later, make sure to spay her. Often does will have hormonal swings and are prone for false pregnancies. Which often will make them grumpy and it becomes quite stressful for them.

Yeah when I put my hand gently under her belly I could kinda feel a little ball. Could that be the baby?

It can be a baby bun, often becomes more apparent the longer she goes. If she’s going to get kits make sure you have a nest box for her.

It’s now day 16 of her “pregnancy" and for some reason she is biting me, diging the bottom of her cage, riping her newspaper and tipping her food bowl over. Why is she doing this??

Perhaps throw in some extra hay for her to nest with and just let her be for a while instead of trying to handle her too much. Hope all goes well. Mine is acting the same but not pregnant

But her box is always full of hay and i dont pick her up anymore because i think she is pregnant and she doesn't let me.

That’s all the hormones acting, she will go back to normal again after her hormones calms down.

She’s trying to build a nest and that’s normal for a doe to act that way.

I know she might be having a fake pregnancy but is there any way to know if she is really pregnant for sure?

It’s really hard on rabbits to see, some show obvious signs while other don’t.

For example getting bigger around the stomach, feeling the kits. Last week of pregnancy you might feel some kicking/ movements of the kits. But other rabbits won’t even show these signs.

So it’s hard to now about rabbits. You’ll have to wait and see if any kits comes or just a fake.

I have been reading that around this time a year, even fixed rabbits, will get hormonal from "spring fever"...it's that time of year.

Usually a rabbit savvy vet can palpitate the stomach and feel "marbles" which are supposed to be the baby bunnies after the 14th day or conception...but if you do it wrong you can injure or kill the babies. I WOULD NOT suggest doing it yourself.

F4753244-6731-48A0-B42C-2824D198C588.jpeg CF884699-2AA6-4A28-83B4-C84980BDFA37.jpeg I just gave her a nesting box, but I want to know from you if this is a good box.

Latest posts

Back