Sneezing Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaCat

Reaction score
I just got my mini lop a week ago. A few days after he came home he began sneezing; he hasn’t had any fits that I know of, but he’ll sometimes have several sneezes in a minute, and then not sneeze again for a few hours.

I’ve been checking his nose, and it was only wet once with clear discharge. Just now I looked and his eyes seemed a bit irritated. I just did a warm compress, and he hasn’t sneezed again (fingers crossed).

The alfalfa hay I’ve been giving him has a ton of small particles (it’s terrible), but he doesn’t seem to sneeze when he’s eating it so I don’t know if that’s the issue. I have been sweeping his floor daily, but there are still particles left around the floor, so maybe that dust is bothering him? Or could it just be the change in environment that is shocking his system?

Other than the sneezing he has been eating and pooping normally, and he is very energetic and also flops as if he’s pretty comfortable.

I am calling a vet tomorrow, but I may not have the money to take him in for a few weeks (I’m just starting a new job). I don’t want to let it go too long if it’s serious, though.

My main questions are: What could be causing this sneezing? Is this something that can wait a couple weeks before checked out by a vet?

Thanks for reading!

I just got my mini lop a week ago. A few days after he came home he began sneezing; he hasn’t had any fits that I know of, but he’ll sometimes have several sneezes in a minute, and then not sneeze again for a few hours.

I’ve been checking his nose, and it was only wet once with clear discharge. Just now I looked and his eyes seemed a bit irritated. I just did a warm compress, and he hasn’t sneezed again (fingers crossed).

The alfalfa hay I’ve been giving him has a ton of small particles (it’s terrible), but he doesn’t seem to sneeze when he’s eating it so I don’t know if that’s the issue. I have been sweeping his floor daily, but there are still particles left around the floor, so maybe that dust is bothering him? Or could it just be the change in environment that is shocking his system?

Other than the sneezing he has been eating and pooping normally, and he is very energetic and also flops as if he’s pretty comfortable.

I am calling a vet tomorrow, but I may not have the money to take him in for a few weeks (I’m just starting a new job). I don’t want to let it go too long if it’s serious, though.

My main questions are: What could be causing this sneezing? Is this something that can wait a couple weeks before checked out by a vet?

Thanks for reading!
How is your bunny doing? Just searched this same question as I'm having a similar experience (adopted Holland Lop). Did you discover the cause? Any solutions? I hope you and your bunny are doing well!

How is your bunny doing? Just searched this same question as I'm having a similar experience (adopted Holland Lop). Did you discover the cause? Any solutions? I hope you and your bunny are doing well!
He’s doing great! I’m guessing it was just being in a new environment that he was reacting to. I haven’t had any sneezing issues with him since!

Latest posts

Back