Sneaky beggers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aurora369

Reaction score
As you all know, bunnies are excellent beggers, and they always look like they are starving! In fact, my four did such a good job of looking starved that they got an extra feeding on Friday.

I was writing an exam, and had asked Ryan to pick me up after I was done. He wanted to go straight to a party after and didn't know if we would go home first. So, being the caring boyfriend that he is, he checked up on the buns for me making sure they had food and water. He didn't realize that I feed them pellets in the morning and he saw that they had already eaten all their pellets, so he gave them their pellets again!

I think it was very sweet of him to worry about the bunnies going hungry. But I laugh at their ability to always look like I starve them to death.

--Dawn

My bunnies know it's the males of the house that will give in the easiest. Our third room mate, Kyle, gives them treats all the time. Pretty much any time he walks into the living room, they all go nuts.

They probably beg for Kyle more than anyone, then Ryan and then me. LOL, they know exactly who to look cute for.

It also makes me feel good to know that Ryan cares for the buns too. He's terribly allergic to the hay, so sometimes he can get grumpy about them. But, this lets me know that he really does care.

--Dawn

That's happened to us multiple times. They are definitely sneaky. Although, I will take that kind of behaviour over the grab and dash. Our brat will grab something from the coffee table (bag of chips, chocolate, etc) and take off with it.

Don't worry, he doesn't get any, and we only leave it on the coffee table if we are in the room. Otherwise, we move it. We know his tricks.

Babii is the same. Before I go to school each morning I re-fill her bowls. Babii automaticly eats it and my mom never sees me feed her so during the day she re-feeds her without telling me I girl her a handfull of food at night to keep her though the night. But i caught onto it when Babii gained weight.

my mom always thinks i underfeed my buns. if they have no pellets she will be like they are starving!! give them food! whenever she feeds them, she gives them SO much. for a 'treat' she gives them a handful of rasins!!

:foreheadsmack: i think its just the mother in her, she does that with EVERYONE. my friends even. tries to feed them CONSTANLY

Awww day tarvin bunnies! Bo a tarvin bunny too!

When he gets his morning pwellets it's like he's never had them in weeks! and then at night when he gets his pwellets, he's so hungry it's more important than playing!

Now and then they sucker Lexi into a snack. Luke thinks they all require cheerios on some days.

My sister thought if Bo could have 1 or 2 craisens when she babysat him a couple of years ago....... he could have 8 or 10 and be fine. Especially since it was "so cute when he stood up and showed her his little tummy and stretched for them"......

Bunnies = Little con artists!

I gotta get a video of my four freaking out when my room mate paces from the kitchen into their field of vision (living room) and back out again. They go absolutely bananas!

I think bunnies can put begging dogs to shame. I find something about bunnies just so innocent, and more compelling.

--Dawn

tundrakatiebean wrote:
aurora369 wrote:
I think bunnies can put begging dogs to shame. I find something about bunnies just so innocent, and more compelling.

--Dawn
It's the drool factor - dry begging is so much better :p

:laughsmiley:

Yeah, but can you imagine if bunnies did drool........ when they saw the craisen bag?!?!

I got such a laugh out of "dry begging"! - so funny and so true!

I guess -more or les-s they all beg, because they're little gourmets! Mine goes absolutely nuts when I pick up his pellet box to feed him. He circles around me, hops around like crazy shaking his head in joy, stands in his hind legs staring at the food bag in fixation and when I finally fill his bowl, geez, you can burn the whole place down, he won't budge an inch from his pellets! No need to mention than within 10 minutes from having been fed, he'll beg for more, as if he's never sighted food in his life!

He used to also trick us (my husband and me) a lot of times, as, when my husband got up in the morning he fed him. Later on that I woke up and my hubby was already gone, Vitto's bowl was clean-swept-empty, so I ended up feeding him too. As a result he got twice the quantity he should have in numerous occassions. Now, my husband and I have found a way to communicate on this: if he feeds Vitto in the morning, he puts his pellet box on the kitchen counter to let me know. So, multiple feeding is over now! Gotcha, my sweet little beggar!!!

Marietta

Latest posts

Back