Snacks stash suggestions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
What would you have in a snack stash?

I’m trying to fix one for my little brother because he always get hungry at night. So I was thinking to fix a snack stash which makes it easier for him to eat. It will both be unhealthy snacks and healthy, so he can choose. It can also be things he can share with the bunnies. My brother often share safe snacks with the rabbits as a small piece of treat.

Last edited:
FibaFirst Sticks from Supreme is a good choice! I heard you can give up to 5sticks a day =D

But If they get hungry at night, then be sure to fillup their hay rack before you go to bed so they have something to munch on :)

Doritos, Takis, Flaming Hot Cheetos, Veggies Straw, Bare Apple Chips That's all I can think of for a snack stash.
@FuzzyBunny ph I think s/he meant her human brother not the rabbits. :)

oh my I'm so sorry 😂 I'm just too used to giving rabbit advices LOL!

but hey! one of my friend's sister tried the FibaFirst sticks and said it tastes like wood 😂

oh my I'm so sorry 😂 I'm just too used to giving rabbit advices LOL!

but hey! one of my friend's sister tried the FibaFirst sticks and said it tastes like wood 😂

I already have fiba first for my bunnies snack stash. But this time I’m fixing my little brother snack stash 😂

But the bunnies snack stash have been depleted, I’m thinking to buy a few roots which my bunnies love chewing. Can’t really give my brother roots and fiba first to chew on.

Dried fruit, fresh fruit. Finger veggies like carrot, pea pods, celery sticks, cucumber slices/sticks, broccoli and cauliflower florets, bell pepper slices. Any hard veggie really that you can slice up into finger food, and a bowl of what ever dip he likes(dip for your brother not the buns). Here ranch is what is usually used. I suppose you could also make up something like a veggie based dip like humus or pesto, that wouldn't be too bad for the buns to get a lick of. Sunflower seeds would be a good snack too, though if the buns get any it should only be a couple seeds a day.

His favourite crisps, snack bars, fruit juice, water, popcorn (always a favourite in my house), and a small bit of sweets that he enjoys. If your brother is anything like my little siblings, he might avoid vegetables at all costs, but if not! Dried fruit, or a veggie that he can dip would be nice like @/JBun said.

FibaFirst Sticks from Supreme is a good choice! I heard you can give up to 5sticks a day =D

But If they get hungry at night, then be sure to fillup their hay rack before you go to bed so they have something to munch on :)
5 sticks a day is a lot! I would definitely not give pellets if you give 5. It's really a pellet substitute.

I would not let a small child feed a bunny without supervision and knowing exactly what they are feeding. Please tell him not to give any human food to the bunnies.

I would not let a small child feed a bunny without supervision and knowing exactly what they are feeding. Please tell him not to give any human food to the bunnies.

My little brother is 20 years old. So I have nothing to worry about him giving the bunnies something they shouldn’t. The ones I have no trust to are my parents instead 🙄

Strawberries are a great fresh snack but it’s off season now. I think apple season will soon kick in even though it have been a bad season for apples. So soon we will buy good apples, which is always yummy to slice up and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on, so the slices get a yummy coating. While the apple peel I can save as treats for the bunnies and feed the wild animals outdoors.

Finger veggies was a smart idea as healthy treats, so I’ll make sure to make it.

ahh right it's strawberry/berry season in Australia atm. I would love to get freeze dried fruits but find they are alot more expensive than fresh.

Freeze dried fruits are really good but truly too expensive to buy as snacks. It’s just a treat you can buy occasionally 😊

Latest posts

Back