Smaller NIC panels?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugLady

Reaction score
I would love to build something off the top of Rascal's current cage to give him another level or two (Marchioro Tommy 102)... but the typical 14" x 14" NIC panels won't really work based on the cage's dimensions.

Are there any smaller panels out there that you know of? I've been doing a lot of searching online without any luck. Something like 10" x 10" would be perfect.

I think the 14x14 are the standard for NIC panels. Maybe you could build.something off of it using 1x2x8's and some wire mesh or cut hog panels

I don't know how many you'd need for it, but you might want to consider cake cooling racks from a $ store. I used 6 to make Honey's carrier. If you can't find 10x10s, 10x12+ would work, too, if you put the other dimension upright. I'm not sure the $ store ones are sturdy enough for 2 more stories, so try 1 story & see.

I actually just found these... I think I'll order a combination of the 10x10 and 10x16. I've done some sketching and I think it will work out great to add one level to the top of his cage. Maybe more!

He already has free range in the apartment, so I'm not too concerned about him needing the room. But he's currently used to looking out the sliding glass doors, and my new place doesn't have any... so I want to give him some height to look out the window.

http://www.omahafixture.com/WGPXX-X-PARENT-p/wgpxx-x-parent.htm

If you use zip ties to connect the grids instead of the connectors, you can overlap the grids to get the fit right. As long as the height isn't an issue, then it shouldn't be an issue. I find the connectors a pain to work with anyway, so prefer zip ties.

I thought about overlapping them, but I also want the cage to look nice, since it's pretty much the centerpiece of the room. I don't have a tv, I sit and watch Rascal!

Will definitely use zip ties either way. Been doing a lot of browsing through photos of other rabbit enclosures people have built :)

Latest posts

Back