Small wound on rabbit’s ear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AsheeBear87

Reaction score
My rabbit got this small wound on her ear. I have put neosporin on it. Do you know how long it takes a wound to heal or what else I can put on it to help it heal faster? Thanks

Attachments

• EC167D9F-9095-4E83-BF8F-717A7887046B.jpeg
    EC167D9F-9095-4E83-BF8F-717A7887046B.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 7
Is there any way you can see a vet? I think F10 ointment is better but @JBun and @Blue eyes might offer better advice. How did it happen? Your rabbits eyes seem to be bulging a little.. Is she in pain?
Hope she feels well soon!

I had her out when one of my other rabbits was out and the other rabbit nipped her on the ear! I think maybe her eyes looked bulging the way I was holding her. She doesn’t seem to be any pain. I just don’t want to see it get infected or anything!

It’s pretty low on the cranial aspect of the ear. I could try to wrap it right at the base there.

I wouldn't wrap it. I would just make sure it stays clean(diluted betadine with 4 parts water if cleaning needed, with cotton wool or gauze, don't get in ear), maybe a very light layer of plain neosporin ointment(no added pain relief) applied a couple times a day for several days, then keep an eye on it to make sure it heals normally and a lump(abscess) or infection doesn't form. It's usually good to distract the bun with food or something after applying the ointment, so it's not immediately groomed off. It'll probably take a week to 2 weeks to heal, depending on how deep it went.

This is just what I would do for a minor surface wound. It's not recommended medical advice, nor do I have a medical source to support this info. So up to you what to decide, and know it's always recommended and best to consult with a knowledgeable rabbit vet. And if it's deeper than a surface wound, you should definitely take your bun to the vet. Your bun may need to be on a rabbit safe oral antibiotic.

Reactions: Fuz

Latest posts

Back