small world rabbit food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oxbow has less protein than other foods like Purina and Big Red. Plus Big Red has yucca and that causes the pee not to smell as strong, it also has probiotics.

naturestee wrote:
RunnyBabbitRabbitry, that's actually the first time I've heard of anybody having decent results from Small World pellets. Usually all I hear is how awful the fur looks, shedding constantly, dusty pellets, etc.

According to the label there are no animal byproducts, etc., in the food.

Personally I love Oxbow timothy pellets, but for alfalfa pellets I'd buy breeder brands such as Purina, Heinhold, Blue Seal, etc. The feed store I get my litter at sells Pen Pals, which looks good and also has a 15% protein maintenance pellet that I've been buying for the shelter rabbits. I don't see a reason to spend $10 for 10 lbs of alfalfa pellets when I can get other good brands for so much less.
I think it smells awful, no way I would want to eat it, but it doesn't seem to have any bad effects on him. I guess it is because that is what he has eaten since birth. I have never had a judge give any bad remarks on his weight or fur.

God, the next time I get any amount of money I am switching mine off it to Oxbow. Mine have always had really crappy food because our petstores around here don't offer anything with quality. It smells nasty and the dust is UNBELIVEABLE. I never thought this was why, but Fluffy IS CONSTENTLY sheading. It makes so much since. I'm going to have to go wash a car or something for money. Poor babies :?

Flopsy wrote:
God, the next time I get any amount of money I am switching mine off it to Oxbow. Mine have always had really crappy food because our petstores around here don't offer anything with quality. It smells nasty and the dust is UNBELIVEABLE. I never thought this was why, but Fluffy IS CONSTENTLY sheading. It makes so much since. I'm going to have to go wash a car or something for money. Poor babies :?

Can you see if your local pet stores or feed stores can order you in a 50lbs bag of Oxbow directly from the Oxbow Company? It may cost you less since you won't have to pay for shipping and the store shouldn't charge you a ton since they will get the food for extremely cheap.

Pipp wrote:
If somebody's feeling industrious, it would be great if a volunteer could type out the contents and analysis info and we can add it to this Library thread:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12160&forum_id=17

:thanks: in advance...

sas

I was going to type it out but decided to click the link to see if it was already done or not first.

I dont know if this is a glitch, or if I'm just not allowed to see that part of the board but this is what I came up with:

Sorry, you do not have permission to view this topic. You may probably perform this action after you login. If you are not a member, you can register here. If you are already logged in then the administrator of the board does not allow this action. Should you have any questions, please contact [email protected]][email protected][/email].

I'm logged in already - that screen opened up into a new window for me though.

I just dont want to type all of that out if it's already done.

ani-lover wrote:
here are some pics of package
100_1026.jpg

Ingredients:

Dehydrated alfalfa meal, wheat middlings, roughage products,soybean meal, feeding oatmeal, dl-methionine, yucca schidigera, calcium carbonate, salt, ferrous carbonate, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, maganous oxide, maganese sulfate, zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, cobalt carbonate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin A suppliment, vitamin D3 suppliment, vitamin E suppliment, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin suppliment, niacin suppliment, choline chloride, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 suppliment

Persuant to California Labeling Laws, the following ingredient statement applies to product manufactured in our Fresno, CA facility. Product manufactured at this facility will include the letter "F" in the date code. The date code can be found at the top of the bag above the seal.

Suncuredalfalfa meal, wheat middlings, safflower meal, rice bran, soybean meal, feeding oatmeal, dl-methionine, yucca schidigera, calcium carbonate, salt, ferrous carbonate, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, maganous oxide, maganese sulfate, zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, cobalt carbonate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin A suppliment, vitamin D3 suppliment, vitamin E suppliment, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin suppliment, niacin suppliment, choline chloride, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 suppliment

There is the first bit of it anyway - but I need to go back and check spelling...

Heres the second part. Hope you dont mind Leaf :)

Guaranteed Analysis:

[align=left]Crude Protein Min 16%
[/align]Crude Fat Min 2.5%
Crude Fiber Min 15.00%
Crude Fiber Max 20.00%
Calcium Min 0.75%
Calcium Max 1.25%
Phosphorus Min 0.75%
Salt Min 0.25
Salt Max 0.75%
Sodium Max 0.30%
Vitamin A Min 3000 IU/LB

I went ahead and pasted the actual picture of the analysis in the Library. :)

Trying to keep myself distracted and busy...

Pipp wrote:
If somebody's feeling industrious, it would be great if a volunteer could type out the contents and analysis info and we can add it to this Library thread:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12160&forum_id=17

:thanks: in advance...

sas

Latest posts

Back