Small Scabs on outsides of ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacie07

Reaction score
Fedex has small scabs on the outsides of hisears. Nothing to major, they're just very small. Does anyone have aclue to what this might be?

This could be a number of things. Iwould watch him to see if he is scratching them excessively.Check his cage...there might be a sharp edge that he is rubbingagainst. I don't know if there are any other pets around thatare "snaggling" him.
Charlotte

There aren't any other pets around so it isn't that..and I looked around for sharp edges but I couldn't find anything.

At first I couldn't see the scabs but I could only feel them. Now they are red, so it looks like a blood scab.

It sounds like your bunny is scratching his earstoo much. It would be a good idea to take him to a vet in order todetermine the cause of his scratching. Any number of things could becausing him to scratch (mites, fleas, ear infection, etc.)

I've been watching him all of yesterday and thismorning, but not once have I seen him scratching :?I've beenkeeping a VERY close eye on him to see what he's doing..but I don't seeanything to do with the scabs on his ears. :?

Where on the ear are the scabs located? Does hehave any of these scabs on his face especially around the nose cheeksand chin? Also how does his vent area look?

Latest posts

Back