Small poops and blood on carpet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s’moresthebunny123

Reaction score
Hi everybody. S’mores ate his pellets, 2 cups of leafy greens, and unlimited oxbow timothy hay today. Nothing changed. No treats. At first I noticed small blood splotches on my carpets. I thought it was from his foot but did not see anything. Then I went to clean up his poops and a lot where very small and mis shapen from earlier today. What could be wrong? He’s almost 8 years old, 4lbs, and not vaccinated for the rabbit virus or neutered.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 5
Congrats on the senior bun! Does look like concentrated urine. At that age, urine takes many colors from yellow to dark brown on its own. Since I have wee pads on the carpet for my senior, I aspirated dark brown urine from one and brought it to the vet for analysis. No blood. Vet said that it is the nature of rabbit urine to change. Make sure the greens are very wet if he is not drinking enough water.

Thanks everybody it may be urine. Why the tiny drops though? He’s never peed outside his litter box after all these years of being freeroamed

Is he dribbling urine? Has his appetite decreased or is he showing any other signs of discomfort or changes of behavior?

Should I contact my vet?
I guess you can ring the vet if you are really worried. Mine started dribbling around that age, that is the reason for the wee pads all over since he is free roaming. Could be irritated urethra if he has crystals in the bladder. Or, just like us, they leak pee when excited or doing certain moves like running. A urine sample test could be helpful. If there are no major crystals, infection, etc. then he has joined the incontinence club.

Latest posts

Back