Small Hard Stools

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be due to all that she's been through in the past few days.

Are the small poops in quantity?

Tootsie almost completely stopped eating and drinking for a couple of days. When she started to make a turn for the better the first things to show up were small hard poops. Within a day or so she was almost back to normal.

~Jim

That could be it. The poops are few. I took away the pellets & am providing hay & natural whole grain oatmeal. Sound good? I also put her in the run for some exercise.

Going shopping tonight. :)

A banana or two (& a mug of tea) is about all i can get down in the morning myself).

In Tootsie's case, not much was going in....so not much was coming out.

(I think it was my fault, in that some of the greens I gave here may have soured a bit.)

Definitely good with the timothy hay and oats. In fact pellets should be okay, too....I would just limit them to prompt her to eat a bit more hay.

Parsley has always worked wonders for my buns as well. It will help prompt them to eat more.I give them a half a dozen sprigs of the flat kind. I do this until they start eating more normal amounts of regular food. Even a bun that isn't having any problems seems to chow down after eating some parsley.

~Jim

Does Flops like canned pumpkin? That always helps mine when they have similar problems. It helps get water to their intestines. Exercise also helps a lot. Also make sure she's drinking water like normal. If she has a water bottle, try giving her a bowl. Rabbits often drink more when they have bowls.

Is she gassy? Is her stomach distended or unusually noisy? You could try doing a gentle tummy massage.If you think she is having gas problems, you could give her baby gas formula- simethicone (sp?).

Pumpkin now on the list.:) She is otherwise normal. Actually she is in the run right now & the poops are normal!

Latest posts

Back