Small bump on the skin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinaBun

Sponsor
Reaction score
Nanning, China and Mountain Home, Arkansas
A couple of days ago I noticed that my ChinaBun has a small bump under her skin. It's in a place where I usually rub,so I know it's new. It's about half an inch under her eye. I just picked her up, which she hates and I have the scratch marks to prove it, and tried to see what it looked like. I couldn't see anything through the white fur (she's a New Zealand White, aka the kind of rabbit a magician pulls out of a hat). The bump doesn't hurt her,because I can touch it and move it around. Because I can move it, I assume that it's on the skin and not under the skin. If she were human,I'd say it's just a pimple. That's what it feels like.

I live in China and AFAIK there are no vets who handle rabbits here. I can take her to a pet hospital for dogs and cats if I need to.

Should I wait and see if it goes away, or should I take her to a vet?Like I said, the little bump causes her no pain and otherwise she is healthy, pooping and eating fine.

Nancy and Qingqing ("cheeng-cheeng")

I would take her to a vet, just in case. It might be the start of an abscess, so it's better to treat it sooner rather than later.

Hopefully it's nothing serious!

Under the eye is a normal spot for a"whisker bump". I'd keep a close eye on it for any changes,but I suspect it could just be a whisker bump.

Pam

Mine has a bump but on the back. Looks like a small human wart to me. But I'll know by next week as he's scheduled to be neutered and I'll ask the vet.

Ladies and gentlemen, my ignorance and lack of common sense knows no bounds! Yes, there is an identical spot at the same place on the other side!!! I had just never noticed it before, and hadn't noticed the first one until a couple of days ago, even though I stroke that part of her cheek every day. I think you have to move your hand in a certain way to feel them, though. Since it's unlikely that two abcesses would form in identical spots, I will stop worrying about these bumps unless they change.

Thanks for your responses. Happy hops to all of you!

Nancy

Pipp, that's great of you to mention.Ugh, BunBun has those, more so when he got bad. He had one big one that I know of that he actuallyslobbered more on too.:(

Aha! Whisker bump - now that's a great name! Pernod has these, and when I mentioned it to the vet awhile back, she said it's quite normal unless, as Pam says, it changes. Sometimes they are more noticeable than others. Glad Qingqing is doing OK :)

Jan

pamnock wrote:
Under the eye is a normal spot for a "whisker bump". I'd keep a close eye on it for any changes, but I suspect it could just be a whisker bump.

Pam

Latest posts

Back