small amounts of blood?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunlow

Lunlow
Reaction score
this morning, i found small spatterings of what *looks* like to be blood on the floor of my rabbit shed. i've looked over both rabbits (female, 3 years old) and they look to be completely fine. they're both eating and drinking and moving well. one looks a little bedraggled in terms of fur and whiskers but i know she's molting her winter coat, so i don't think it's that. as it is a shed, i am thinking more along the lines of a small injured mouse getting in, or another small creature, but i can't find them within the shed.

i looked in their bed and urine to see if there was blood there but i can't find any evidence of any. it is a reaaally small amount but i'm still generally confused. i can add a photo of it if i need to. thanks. :)

Is it possible that one of your buns had an accident? It could possibly be dark coloured urine

Is it possible that one of your buns had an accident? It could possibly be dark coloured urine
oooh, that's a good possibility actually, it was on the floor extremely close to their litter trays, as in cm from it, so it could be that. it's just very red in colour and dried, but it's honestly not much. maybe i'm just overreacting, but i'll be keeping a close eye on them, that's for sure. 💛 thank you!! :)

no problem! If it was near the litter box your bun might have urinated over the edge of their litter box and it could have ended up on the floor :)

no problem! If it was near the litter box your bun might have urinated over the edge of their litter box and it could have ended up on the floor :)
i didn't think of that, ironically haha. thank you so much! :D 💛💛 it puts some of my fears to rest haha.

Latest posts

Back