Slowing down...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrixieRabbit

Reaction score
Did anyone else's bun "slow down" as they reached puberty? trix seems to binky a lot less than she used to. She used to run around like a maniac, but now all she wants is to be petted. As soon as I go near her cage, she grabs the bars of her cage door in her mouth and pushes and pulls and GROWLS (sofunny)trying to get it open. She has actually popped off the binder clips holding the cage closed a couple times, so now we have 3 clips holding the door shut....as soon as she gets out, she runs laps around me several times, then sits next to my feet and nudges me to be pet. And thats about it!
Just wondering if this is normal, or if she is getting lazy? Thanks!

~Denise :cool:

Pebbles is two years old, and she certainly has mellowed out.

Before we couldn't touch herpaws orbelly, but now we can pick her up and do anything with her. She never flopped before but now we see her playing dead more often.

At a younger age she would binkie and crash into the walls and bounce off of things, but now she only does that when she is outside. Which reminds me, I have somerecent pictures of that. I should post them. :D

Rainbows! :)

P.S. I don't think they slow down ... They just get Smarter. ;)

We've noticed that with Holly as well. We dont get as many bunny 500's or binkies. She'll do it on occassion but not like she used to.

I noticed that Gretchen is definately smarter and calmer since she's gotten older and since her spay.

My bunnies have slowed and mellowed a bit after their spay and neuter. Devon is 16 months and Amber is about 2 1/2 years old.

Mocha has calmed down a little too. I'd just say that she's playing smarter, not harder.;)

But it's like any baby animal. My kittens won't play as much when they grow up, and human kids "slow down" too.

I've wondered about Daisy lately also - maybe the summer? She loves to bask in front of the air conditioner. Everything is normal except she is not as energetic as before the hot weather set in. She'll run around a bit & then take over the swivel chair for an hour or more. She does express inbterest in me, coming over for pets, etc..

Wow! Pebbles must be the pick of the litter then! She seems to be getting more rowdy and hyper as she gets older :shock:. She can go from bottem of the stairs to the top in under 5 seconds! She's around 8 months old and still jumping, being hyper, and just being a goof!

Latest posts

Back