Slippery Sofa vs. Rambunctious Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshAndMaple

Reaction score
Hi,

My furniture has a slippery varnish on it, and my excitable male rabbit has taken to trying to climb it... he's slipped off the sofa cushions multiple times this week mid-zoomy, and I caught him when he slipped off one of the sofa arm rests today. Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent him injuring himself?

(new furniture isn't an option! 🙈)PXL_20221118_102245517.jpgPXL_20221118_102249060.jpgPXL_20221120_212839239.jpgPXL_20221117_221749076.jpg

Maybe buy a few hand towels and sew/wrap around the arms of the wicker chairs. Then he’ll be less likely to slip off. I wouldn’t worry about the cushions as much since your bun still looks pretty young and is probably still learning proper coordination and jumping techniques. Pretty soon he won’t fall off cushions as much. Just make sure he has a rug or something to softish to land on.

Maybe buy a few hand towels and sew/wrap around the arms of the wicker chairs. Then he’ll be less likely to slip off. I wouldn’t worry about the cushions as much since your bun still looks pretty young and is probably still learning proper coordination and jumping techniques. Pretty soon he won’t fall off cushions as much. Just make sure he has a rug or something to softish to land on.
Okay, I'll try that, thank you! He's four months old, but half the weight of his sister 🥹

I've found these rubbery, slip resistant drawer liners from the dollar store to be great for all kinds of bunny surfaces.

They're very thin and easy to wrap around objects. They may be similar to this:
https://a.co/d/1mXp8c5
Ahhh okay, I know what you mean, I have some under my cushions! My only hesitation is that he's a chewer - but maybe I could put a layer of cotton or something on top.

Latest posts

Back