Sleeptalking bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neejchee

Reaction score
I'm after some help regarding the interpretation of my bunny's noise making please! Gilderoy sleeptalks. It's generally a combination between a whine and a groan, and sometimes is more groan like and other times more on the whiney side. It's only ever when he's deeply asleep, and only when he's loafed, never when he flops. He eats normally (and rather a lot, I'll admit) and shows no signs of pain, nor does he have any drooling going on. I've googled the hell out of rabbit noises and it doesn't sound like the videos I've watched of other rabbits grinding in pain, but nobody seems to talk about sleep talking bunnies so I'm worried?

This is my boy just now. I have other videos of the more varied noises, but figured this was easier to start with. Any insight?

Reactions: Fuz
He sounds like he’s dreaming. I can make strange sounds when I’m deep asleep too. Mainly snoring but you get the idea lol.

Your rabbit is quite the little chirper!

Oh my word that is adorable. My rabbit does the same thing while asleep in any position. I love watching her! ❤️

I love your bunny very much. Please tell him I say hello. I mean his name is Gilderoy!! Hands down, Remy would be friends with him.

Thanks all! I'm so glad I can go back to falling apart over how freaking cute his sleep noises are, now that I don't have to worry about it being a sign of pain!

If he has a problem he can not be in deep sleep. These could be just snoring sounds. Usually Rabbits are quiet.

Latest posts

Back