Sleeping with your Bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you sleep with your Bunny?

• Total voters

Jose

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum and I wanted to start off by asking if anyone else sleeps with their bunny? I usually sleep with my rabbit often unless she is going through major shedding. Sometimes its a hassle when she pees on my bed and when she hustles around during my sleep, but it doesn't happen frequently. I've enjoyed having my bunny by my side, and sometimes it helps me sleep. I MUST be crazy, but does anyone else experience something similar?

My bunny is often in bed when I fall asleep, but leaves in the night to go and chill in her own pen, and comes back early morning for cuddles/to demand breakfast. I wouldn’t do it if she kept peeing though! Is she spayed??

My bunny is often in bed when I fall asleep, but leaves in the night to go and chill in her own pen, and comes back early morning for cuddles/to demand breakfast. I wouldn’t do it if she kept peeing though! Is she spayed??

I adopted her as a spayed rabbit, but i've read that even spayed rabbits can urinate to mark new territory. However, I will admit my bunny isn't the most intelligent, but I love her nonetheless.;)

Fair enough, I don’t envy that! Hahaha bless, she sounds like a real cutie :) x

I don't, but I think it's so cute when others do! I wouldn't be able to bear with pee in the bed and hustling would surely wake me up, plus I'd be afraid of squashing Bun with my rolling. And I don't think I have that kind of bond with Bunster yet.. I'm excited just when he flops near me.

My buck has access to the entire house and claimed the area underneath my bed as his territory; he sleeps there every night.

He can get up onto the top of my bed, but I think he doesn't out of respect for my territory (or some similar rabbit thing).

I sleep with Tawny. She has a spot at the pillows, and heaven forbid the dog get in that spot first. Fur will fly, and it won't be hers. I don't have to worry about squashing her. She's nearly as big as the pillow!

Attachments

• DSC_0011_1.JPG
    DSC_0011_1.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 11
He can get up onto the top of my bed, but I think he doesn't out of respect for my territory (or some similar rabbit thing).

I don't think mine respects me that much LOL

In my apt I was working long hrs on a project and once fell asleep on the floor petting Clyde. I woke up and my lion head Bonnie was laying on my back lol. I'm at my parents for the moment while moving and the bed there is too high for them to access but if my dutch Clyde is in the room he usually will lay where he can just see me oflver lip of bead, 3 times now I've fallen asleep and woken up with him sleeping just in sight. When I got them almost a decade ago this wouldn't have happened. I once put Clyde on the bed while my live in gf at the time was sleeping he ran circles round the bed and his path was right over her head lol

image.jpg I've fallen asleep with my bun in my bed, but he will hop down and explore my room. I sometimes mark off a little corner, and they run around in that during the night. Sometimes I'll remove cross from my floor, clean up a bit, then put my buns on my bed, and we'll cuddle, then they'll eventually hop down and explore my room. I put a sewing box next to my bed, and they'll use that to hop up and down. But no, I don't usually sleep with my buns. But here is a picture of Big Wig on my bed, relaxing.

This is my best picture of them together. The other bun is Blackie Chan.

image.jpg

Thank you! They are quite proud of themselves, Big Wig always has to look his best! He was pulling off the emo hair with it in his eyes for a while, but I cut it so he's not as blind.

My Flemish Giant boy sometimes has a nap with me in the afternoons :) I let him run around in my room when I can, and he literally lies down next to me and sleeps when I take a nap on my bed. Such a cute and bonding experience, I love it!

In my apt I was working long hrs on a project and once fell asleep on the floor petting Clyde. I woke up and my lion head Bonnie was laying on my back lol. I'm at my parents for the moment while moving and the bed there is too high for them to access but if my dutch Clyde is in the room he usually will lay where he can just see me oflver lip of bead, 3 times now I've fallen asleep and woken up with him sleeping just in sight. When I got them almost a decade ago this wouldn't have happened. I once put Clyde on the bed while my live in gf at the time was sleeping he ran circles round the bed and his path was right over her head lol
I love the names for your bunnies

My wife would be thrilled to have our boys, Bert and Ernie, sleep on the bed! She has tried putting them on the bed but they immediately look for a way down. Whoever it was that had them before we found them at the shelter didn't give them exercise time. When we got them they weren't able to meerkat and didn't hop anywhere, they just snuck around walking on tiptoe. We've had them for two years now and we regularly see zoomies and binkies but they still aren't likely to hop or climb onto anything higher than a few inches above their heads so I bet we won't see them curious about the bed anytime soon.

Gobi has always been cage-free and his favorite place to sleep was the windowsill right behind our pillows. So in the daytime he would nap there, but at night sometimes he would sleep in the little space between our pillows. Then when I would get home, he would jump on the bed and wait for me to give him a couple raisins and then he would nap with me with his head in my armpit basically. I miss those days

Latest posts

Back