Sleeping position

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola123

Reaction score
Yesterday while I was on my iPhone while sitting beside Lola while she was resting in her cage, I noticed that she started digging in her hidey house. next, she went to a weird rest position. She was on her side with all legs kicked out and her eyes closed (she looked dead). I petted her and she quickly scrambled up. Is this sleeping position normal?

Do you mean a dead bunny flop?

(forgive the yellow fur, she's an old bun and a bit incontinent now)

P1010221 (800x600).jpg

I think its a dead bunny flop. My Xena is a master of it and sometimes I have to check to see if she's breathing its so convincing.

Sounds like a dead bunny flop to me too, there's a reason it got its name ;)

i wish mine would do that ..... she sleeps upright ( i think, shes an odd ball. but gotta love her =0) )

^ Felix tends to sleep loafed up with his eyes wide open! :p He'll DBF with eyes half-closed, but only if Clem is nearby for safety.

My bun does the flop all the time now. I walked into the room and saw her laying on her side with her legs straight out and I ran over like "OMG!?!?!" and she jumped up all startled and like "why are you running at me?!?!" now she does it regularly... makes me double take every time.

Hahahha yeahh! My little Lisa do that all the time, she do it on the side of the cage where she do your pee. I take her off every time.
But she like so much and I caress her belly. and I caress her belly. always after eatingImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408236626.419401.jpg
She sleep like a cat or a dog. : )

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Rabbit Forum

Yes it is as it is called a " flop" you do not have to worry this is regular rabbit behavior. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408249463.453010.jpg as you can see my rabbit does it too it is a normal sleeping position

Silver! I'm curious to see your face! So cute !!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Rabbit Forum

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408681082.065698.jpg

Xena doing it, though this time with her eyes a bit open. Dont mind fhe NIC panel (its to protect the tv cords). This was out of her cage, out of the pet room and in the living room where she rarely ventures so you know she's comfortable.

Latest posts

Back