Sleeping in the dark

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinaBun

Sponsor
Reaction score
Nanning, China and Mountain Home, Arkansas
I just posted a question on my ChinaBun abouther destroying walls and books. Last night I experimented with havingher stay in my bathroom, which is just a room with a shower, a sink anda drain. The toilet is in another room. My bunny uses this room as hersecond bathroom, in addition to her cage. I looked around the bathroomand saw nothing that she could destroy, so I decided to let her staythere overnight, since she had figured out how to get to the wet wallin her room and scratch the daylights out of it. I will work on fixingthis problem, so that she can stay in her room. Now she is in her cage.

I debated whether or not to leave the light on over night, since whereshe usually stays there is light from streetlights. I decided not to,but I'm wondering if being in a dark room (just a little light comingfrom under the door, from streetlights outside) might have frightenedher. I couldn't tell that she had any distress though, when I saw herthis morning.

Do your rabbits sleep in darkness? Well, assuming that they sleep! I've only seen her asleep during the day!

Hi Chinabun,

I'm pretty sure I read that keeping the day/night cycle as close as possible to normal, is healthier for the buns.

They're nocturnal so having it dark at night is normal for them.They're usually more active in the evening time, and rest during theday.

You could leave a night light on for her if you wanted, but she probably doesn't need it.

Latest posts

Back