Sleeping Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the same thing when I had Casey,Foster, and Daphne. Then I caught them napping one time and got a greatpic. They sleep, some are just sneaky about it.

I wondered about this too. Gretchen gets squinty-eyed but doesn't close her eyes unless I am petting her.

:mrsthumper:

I have often wondered about this. Inever seem to see my bunnies sleep. And they live in mybedromm so I see them all the time. They are always awake inthe morning when I get up and at night when I go tosleep. I think they are sneaky about it.

I have seen snowball properly asleep once in the whole timeI have had her. She was lying flat out in her cage with herpaws stretched out and her eyes half closed but kind ofglazed, I nearly had a heart attack I thought she wasdead!! But then she jumped up.

The key is to look at the nosetwitching. They're usually asleep when the eyes go slack(might still be open) and the nose twitching slows way down andstops. That's when you have a sleeping bun. Theymight be sitting up, lying down, eyes open - just watch for the nose,it tells you everything.

;)

Those poor bunniesin the wild can'tsleep for fear of being eaten, so I guess it's just an instinct theyall have.

My girls will sleep with their eyes closed (it took them a long time todo this with us around), but I have NEVER seen either of my boys withtheir eyes closed.

I have seen both my bunnies sleep with theireyes open. You can tell they are sleeping by their eyemovement and by the dilation of their eyes. The pupils arevery small when they are sleeping. ;)

I've wondered about this myself because I neverseemed to see her sleeping. One time shortly after we got her my hubbythought she was dead, but just sleeping. His thought was "How will Itell Amber?" Every now and then I'll see her to be what I think issleeping and i try to get a closer look and she jerks up quickly. To methat means she was sleeping. Am I right in guessing this?

i guess petey is weird..he'll fall asleep rightin front of you and not even care that you're there..ive even got somepictures:)..he doesnteven move when you take pictures:dunno

this picture is the background on our computer right now:)

hehe ohh i must have a pretty strange bunch ofbunnies because i have seen each of mine sleep with their eyes closedjust flopped over they just feel so comfy in their surroundings:),i canwalk over tothem and they wont wake up,ohh it depends howmuch of a sleep they are in as well.They will also sit there asleepwith their eyes open.

cheryl

Sleeping with their eyes open? I never knew thatabout rabbits! When Pebbles was in my room, I would see her in herbunny flop mode with her eyes closed. Sometimes if I start my bunchores late, Pepsi will sit there with her eyes half closed and curledup in her box looking annoyed wanting me to go away :D

I've been through a couple of computers since Igot my buns....the computer I think most of my pics are on I gave to myfather who passed away in April... I think my step-sis got the computerfrom my step-mom.. either way I will try to find the pic of my bunssleeping.. I think they just wait for the calm and we just never seethem calm down because we're asleep too...

My lil bun sleeps on his side with that thirdeyelid covering his eye..he looks almost dead its kinda freaky! NowCuddles sits with his legs tucked under him like a ball his eyes dontclose but he dont move so i assume he is sleep lol

Latest posts

Back