Sleep well my bossy queen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry, you are a good bunny mama and I know it is hard. You did your best and that is all that matters, she is happy and at peace now!

Shocked I am so sorry Hermelin. French lops live 5-7 years, shorter than hollands so you did right decision if she was in pain, she's all good now.
Maybe your parents will let you bring Toste indoor with Odin he'd feel alone without Lilja now.

Shocked I am so sorry Hermelin. French lops live 5-7 years, shorter than hollands so you did right decision if she was in pain, she's all good now.
Maybe your parents will let you bring Toste indoor with Odin he'd feel alone without Lilja now.
true, you should see if they could bond... although Totse might not be ready.

I’m going to take in Toste and try to bond him with Odin. I have noticed Toste not act like how he usually are. But I need to wait until the temperature outdoors aren’t that big of difference.

Because Toste still have a thick winter fur and the night temp it’s 4 C, so I will have to wait until it’s up to 10 C and he starts to have a heavy molt. So he don’t overheat when he moves indoors.

I’ll be spending more time with Toste outdoors, I have the time now when all my courses it’s distance.

I’m going to take in Toste and try to bond him with Odin. I have noticed Toste not act like how he usually are. But I need to wait until the temperature outdoors aren’t that big of difference.

Because Toste still have a thick winter fur and the night temp it’s 4 C, so I will have to wait until it’s up to 10 C and he starts to have a heavy molt. So he don’t overheat when he moves indoors.

I’ll be spending more time with Toste outdoors, I have the time now when all my courses it’s distance.
that is a good idea!

Yesterday I took Lilja to the vet to check out why she had trouble breathing and lost weight. It turn out she had gotten an abscess growing far back in her cheek. It was growing at a bad place and had been putting a pressure on her upper respiratory tract. Doing an operation was too risky in that area because it was too close to her throat. She had also started to lose weight and muscles even though she was eating well.

So I decided to let her rest and not having to go through any more pain. Because she must of been in pain with an abscess growing where it did. The vet was surprised that Lilja was eating well and that she had wear down the teeth beautifully even though an abscess was growing at a bad spot.

So she got her favorite treats and she gave me a kiss before falling asleep and getting the final shot.

I know she was old for a larger breed but it’s still hard. Even when you know it will happen soon, you can’t help hoping you will have one more year.

It feels empty when I walk out and not hear her grunting and thumping to greet me. While she will jump up and press her head towards me to get a bit of cuddles and leave wet kisses.
My heart hurts for you. I got teary eyed a little just reading about the treats and her giving you her last kiss. Thank you for sharing your story and I wish you, Toste and Odin all the best with time to heal.

I’m so sorry for your loss😕 it’s never easy. You gave her the best life you could and she left knowing she was loved🌸

Latest posts

Back