Sleep tight pinkie. (Helps for her bonded rabbit)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carains

Reaction score
My gorgeous bunny Pinkie passed away this afternoon. Was absolutely heart breaking and can’t imagine life without her big character. She really did have a wonderful playful character and loved evening snuggles.

Her bonded male friend is feeling extremely sad and not being himself?. Is there anything I can do to help ease his grieve for him also?

I am sorry for your loss 💞 please don't forget to take care of yourself during this heartbreaking time.

It will take time for your other rabbit to heal. My old bunny Sage lost her companion almost two years ago, she'd been raised by Breezy and hardly knew life without her. It took about 6 months for her to start acting more like herself again. Eventually, she developed a new normal and seems to be at peace with life- but in a humanlike way, you can tell something is missing for her and she's never been exactly the same (though neither have I) 💔

Some rabbits are open to and benefit from a new bunny companion- if you think that is an option for him and his temperament, utilize it if you can.

He just seems so lost. I slept down stairs with him last night, as I just don’t want him to feel alone. He’s just sitting. Not doing anything at all really. Eating, but not as much, so am going to keep a very close eye on this and go and pick him some of his favourites this morning.
I just feel so extremely sad for him.
Pinkie was a huge character. Almost dog like at home. Very entertaining. It’s definitely going to take some time for both of us to get used to her presence no longer being here with us. m Really is such a very sad time. Thank you for your kind words xx

So sorry for your loss. Probably the best thing you can do for your bunny is to look for a rescue centre where they have several singles and have him pick out a mate. With any luck, the rescue will bond them for you.

You have my deepest sympathy.I've been through the same thing before,most recently a few weeks ago,having lost Freya my little girl.She was so smart and 'knowing',and loved to cuddle in the evening,giving me bunny licks in exchange for ear rubs.A huge personality,and those who have never known rabbits as we do can possibly understand how soulful and emotional they are.Both her mate Robbie and I miss her terribly,and I have given him as much attention as I can to try to ease the pain for him.He's amazed me by accepting hour long cuddles on my knee,whereas previously he's run over and accept the attention on the floor.Just try to make sure that he doesn't stop eating,or drinking, and encourage him to do so-Robbiewill always eat better if I make a big fuss of the food and encourage him to try it. It's beyond heartbreaking,and of course you always wonder if there was more you could have done.In most cases people do everything they can,but it's a natural reaction if you care as we do.

Condolences to your heart and that of her widow 💞
I'd suggest for now, provide your widow with a stuffed bunny, preferably laying or well rounded as it sits. I did this for my widow after his lady passed, it seemed to help.
Then after a year or so I provided him a new wife to love.

Latest posts

Back