Skinny bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavenderLopLover

Reaction score
I currently have a bunny whom I have wormed and I am free feeding pellets and giving oats and boss she hasn’t gained much weight i also give all the hay she can eat any other ideas for her?

Calf Manna Pellets. You can give her about a 1/8 of a cup per day to get her weight back up if she is really skinny. Not as much if she is only a pound or so underweight. The smallest bag it comes in is 10 pounds I think.
9220016_2.jpg

Calf Manna Pellets. You can give her about a 1/8 of a cup per day to get her weight back up if she is really skinny. Not as much if she is only a pound or so underweight. The smallest bag it comes in is 10 pounds I think.
9220016_2.jpg
Oh I’ll have to try that she is pretty skinny so I’m not really worried about her becoming over weight right now i got a scale so im going to start tracking her weight

I believe underlying liver, GI, or cardiovascular conditions may hinder weight gain. If you find that even with high food consumption of more dense foods is not doing it, I'd strongly suggest having her checked by a vet.... also because you dont want her to need to be on such a dense diet for a long time.

I agree with taking her to the vet if you haven't already just to get a professional opinion on it. But yes, pellets help with weight gain. If she is younger than you can give pellets made with alfalfa but if she's older use pellets made with timothy hay. Also introducing small amounts of bunny safe fruit can help with weight. My rabbit loves apples, bananas and blueberries. But remember, small doses of new food are important for a rabbit's sensitive GI tract!

Latest posts

Back