skin problem (after dental surgery) ..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MILU

Reaction score
Oh my poor rabbit!!

He's recovered from a dental surgery he had on Jan. 22nd, got ok.. check my previous post if you want:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=53715&forum_id=16&highlight=emergency?

But last night I found another issue: he has a big spot on the inner part of one of his arms without fur. We can see it close to his "shoulder" when he lays down (pics below).

I don't know if that's a skin problem, some sort of side effect from anesthesia, something that may happen "naturally" in rabbits or what.

He wasn't like this before I took him to the vets.

* We're in Brazil and vets here aren't really that good. One of the places we went to was very dirty in my opinion (although it's considered "the best" in the country), and all the pets operated there that I asked about died!!

Of course I'll prefer to treat my bun at home if I can. I'm tired of taking him here and there and most vets got no idea what to do, and now I find this, that he didn't have before!

Any help is welcome for diagnosis and treatment. THANKS A LOT, I hope this is his last issue, poor bunny!!!

Pics:

2.jpg

3.jpg

1milu.jpg

Call and ask your vet if they shaved an area of his leg for pre-anesthesia bloodwork or to inject an anesthetic intravenously. Because that is kindof what it looks like to me.

It could be something else, but I think the first step is to see if the vet shaved it.

WOW, you guys are SO AMAZING!!!

I was so worried and contacted the dr. who operated him.. YES, he said my bunny's arm was shaved for the surgery.
Hard to believe it took me 2 weeks to see it, and that once again I was desperate thinking he had problem...
And you could see what it is even in these bad pics that hardly show anything? I'm always impressed with the knowledge of you all here!!

THANKS SO MUCH, YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

:anotherbun

:big kiss:

Just saw this now. Baci also had dental work done 2 weeks ago and they shave some hair from his paw for the IV. Of course it freaked me out the first time I saw it, still get sad everytime I see it. I'm hoping it'll grow back really soon.

Glad to knowyour bun isfeeling much better now!

And yes I agree~ this forum is so helpful!

Latest posts

Back