Skin Issue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cseldes

Reaction score
I groomed my bunny about a week ago and gave him a big bald spot. The vet wasn't concerned since his skin looked healthy. It looked fine a couple days ago but today it looks bruised! It is still smooth and not flaky but it is discolored. He is on antibiotics for an ear infection and I wonder if he could be allergic. He seems to be responding well to the meds tho and he is acting normal other than a lot of scratching. Any ideas??

He also has a red spot on the bottom of his back foot, I've never noticed it before so I have no idea if it's normal or not.

image.jpg

I'm not sure it's possible for grooming to cause a bald spot...unless your brush is really yanking on his hair? I guess he could just be a dramatic shedder and shed out a full bald spot. But the skin looks okay to me, not inflamed or flaky or any other warning signs. Bunny skin is very delicate, he probably just bumped himself there and the lack of fur padding led to the bruising. Wouldn't worry about it unless it get worse, or his hair doesn't grow back.

Pink spot on his heel is a callus, it's normal for bunnies kept on coarse surfaces but keep an eye on it, if he loses more foot fur he may develop sore hocks.

Strange about the callous, he lives on carpet and a foam pad/mat.

Latest posts

Back