Singleton Advise please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy.ears

Reaction score
My doe had a Singleton 4 days ago, since the weather is a little too cold and she didn't pull out much hair I decided to bring him inside with me and give it to her for feedings, I set as schedule 7am and 9pm and has been working for her because, she comes immediately to feed him but he is pretty full when is time for feeding. Should I still bring him to feed or should I skip one?

Why would you skip a feeding? I definitly wouldn't risk that the milk dries up because she can't get rid of it.

In cold weather I place a ca. 5W heating element under one corner of the wooden, closed style nestbox, but since your routine works I wouldn't change it now but keep it up to min. day 12 or so.

I just think he/she is going to explode 😄. Also I was wondering, since moma is feeding, she makes him pee or should I?

I would certainly suggest taking over what mom would do in stimulating the genitals if she isn't doing it after she feeds the kit.

Singletons can sometimes overfeed, which can also sometimes affect their movement and leg development(possible splay leg issues). If stimulating doesn't bring down the engorged belly and you feel the kit is overfeeding, there's trying reducing the feeding time, or trying one feeding a day. Though like Preitler mentioned, it could also affect the mom's milk supply.

Thanks a
I would certainly suggest taking over what mom would do in stimulating the genitals if she isn't doing it after she feeds the kit.

Singletons can sometimes overfeed, which can also sometimes affect their movement and leg development(possible splay leg issues). If stimulating doesn't bring down the engorged belly and you feel the kit is overfeeding, there's trying reducing the feeding time, or trying one feeding a day. Though like Preitler mentioned, it could also affect the mom's milk supply.
Thanks a lot, I paid closed attention at this last feeding and she was licking his genitals while he was eating and I tried to make him pee after she finished but no luck so maybe she had done the job.

Latest posts

Back