single rabbit or bonded pair - which is easier to re-home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max.e.nielsen

Reaction score
I love my little rabbit, but I may have to find her a new home. She's a spayed female and I want to find her a rabbit-loving home. Maybe, I think, that is more likely if I find a home that would love a bonded pair. I know that getting her a companion would reduce the number of potential new owners, but it might thereby weed out the less-than-loving new owners.

Is it hard to re-home a bonded pair?

Related: If I were to find a buddy for her, I would look for a neutered male. Is there a way to tell what kind of rabbit-personality she might most easily accept as a partner? I am aware that she is pretty insistent upon being petted - she likes that more than food (except perhaps for a fresh piece of carrot). She comes up quickly and pushes her nose under my hand and will sit for tens of minutes at a time while I pet her forehead, cheeks, and ears. Does that sound like a strongly dominant rabbit, or just a regular rabbit? (She is my first rabbit.)

Thanks!

Max

Yeah it's a little harder for my local rescue to rehome their bonded pairs than the singles. Bonding can be a long process to go through just to rehome both of them. I personally would just rehome her instead, and screen any interested families to ensure that they can provide a loving home for her. Similar to what rescues do, like an interview and ask questions, ask about the setup she'd live in, etc.

I love my little rabbit, but I may have to find her a new home. She's a spayed female and I want to find her a rabbit-loving home. Maybe, I think, that is more likely if I find a home that would love a bonded pair. I know that getting her a companion would reduce the number of potential new owners, but it might thereby weed out the less-than-loving new owners.

Is it hard to re-home a bonded pair?

Related: If I were to find a buddy for her, I would look for a neutered male. Is there a way to tell what kind of rabbit-personality she might most easily accept as a partner? I am aware that she is pretty insistent upon being petted - she likes that more than food (except perhaps for a fresh piece of carrot). She comes up quickly and pushes her nose under my hand and will sit for tens of minutes at a time while I pet her forehead, cheeks, and ears. Does that sound like a strongly dominant rabbit, or just a regular rabbit? (She is my first rabbit.)

Thanks!

Max

Sorry but I’m not seeing the logic in getting another rabbit if you are looking to rehome the one you have. What if it’s harder to rehome 2? What if they don’t bond, then you need to find 2 good homes.

Latest posts

Back