Single Baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaden

Reaction score
Yesterday my doe had 3 baby’s 2 born dead so just one is alive. Will it be able to survive on its own without the warmth of other babies? If not what are some suggestions.

Sorry for your loss! If it still has its mom it should be fine. Make sure the nest is full of fur and hay. We would love to see pictures! 😍

What is your setup, how warm is it now where you live?

Biggest problem for single kits is staying warm, if chilled digestion doesn't work properly. So insulating the nest/nestbox as good as possible is one way if it's ambient temperature is warm enough, or you can bring the nestbox inside and return it twice a day for feeding. Or bring both inside.

When I have winter litters I put an electric heating element (well, it's actually a misused electro magnet connected to a car battery charger with some fat capacitors to keep it from humming....) under one corner of the nestbox, kits will wiggle to their goldilocks zone.

What is your setup, how warm is it now where you live?

Biggest problem for single kits is staying warm, if chilled digestion doesn't work properly. So insulating the nest/nestbox as good as possible is one way if it's ambient temperature is warm enough, or you can bring the nestbox inside and return it twice a day for feeding. Or bring both inside.

When I have winter litters I put an electric heating element (well, it's actually a misused electro magnet connected to a car battery charger with some fat capacitors to keep it from humming....) under one corner of the nestbox, kits will wiggle to their goldilocks zone.
They are in our rabbit barn which 10x12 feet insulated shed. It is about 70 degrees in there during the day. An additional question she is still bleeding a little and she delivered her last about 14 hours ago is this normal?

My lop had two and one died, end of November..the single baby did just fine, as long as it's warm enough.. But my buns are inside not outside . They have a heated tile floor and it kept the nest warm. Good luck, maybe bring them inside if you can???

Latest posts

Back