Since treating my Bunny with Xeno for Mites he smells bad. Is this normal?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Alfie Bunny Bear

New Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
My Lop is just over twelve months old. I recently found a dandruff patch on his back between his shoulders, so I took him to the vets. They said he had mites (under the skin parasite variety and gave me the spot on XENO plus an anti bacterial wipes for the infected area). Since treatment, my bunny smells less like a healthy, clean sawdust smell, to something that resembles a rotting dustbin!!! Before I pay a fortune for another vet consultation, can anyone help explain why or what I can do. I don't want to bathe, as I've read bunnies suffer from dry skin already and bathing can make it worse. Many Thanks.
 

Popsicles

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2018
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
457
Location
England
That seems slightly counterintuitive to give a spot on, which is designed to stay on the skin, and wipes which would just remove the spot on? Also, why antibacterial wipes for a mite infection?! Very strange.
 
Top