Silver Martens

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DharmaBuns

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I haven't been on in awhile!

I've decided to sell out of my beloved Tans for the time being but plan on getting them again some day. They'll always be my very very favorite.

In the meantime, I've picked up my new "main" breed which is Silver Martens! I also do English Spots and a side project of Dwarf Hotots with a friend of mine.

I just picked up some new stock at the Ohio Mini Convention (SilMars) and I'm really looking forward to showing them. They are mostly brood stock (which I'm totally fine with) but they're in nice condition so I plan on taking them to an upcoming show this weekend for comments. I can't wait!!!

Very cool! I've been (highly) considering dropping out of my Tans for the time being as well to pick up a lower-maintenance dual purpose breed, and Silver Martens have been on my list of possibilities. They're such beautiful animals; I'd love to see pictures of yours! Best of luck with them! :)

Sorry I haven't updated!

I went to a show a couple of weeks ago and won BOB in show B with "Tex's Leage" (Tex Thomas) so that was pretty awesome. However, I was very disappointed by a couple of rabbits (my first trio, in fact) from another breeder. It would appear that either the pedigree is falsified or the breeder gave incorrect information regarding the rabbits. Something was definitely mixed in (as in, another breed) within recent generations. I got a beautiful, but very mixed litter for my first SM litter. I'm going to try to re-breed the buck and doe to rabbits from a completely different line of rabbits and see if that "helps" in any way.

I've posted a picture of the black doe (mom to the babies) and then the two blues that I got from that same breeder. Nice rabbits, but I'm really hesitant to use them in my program again.

1510992_10100640717179837_8556913688791335489_n.jpg

1545158_10100634732024137_833714548_n.jpg

10277618_10100674280274127_3401686364134955082_n.jpg

Aw I like the black doe!

That so sad about the rainbow litter :( I wonder what colors they are. I hope you have better luck and definitely don't go back to that person

Latest posts

Back