Silly Things your bun ADORES

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit Hero

Reaction score
What are some of the silly things that your buns adore?

Shino is in love with the broom. I first noticed this when he was caged. I would sweep and he would follow the broom EVERYWHERE. it was so cute, he would run back and forth, back and forth, trying to push through the cage bars to get to it. Now that he's free range anytime the broom comes out he's there. He follows it, sniffs it, nudges it. I'm sure if I gave him the chance he would try and groom it!

I have a tupperware lid that I use as a target - I throw it on the ground and my bun runs over and touches it with his nose. He loves that lid! The few times it's fallen off the table (without me knowing) I find him playing with it, digging on it, throwing it around. Lol. If he didn't try to eat the plastic I would just let him have it. Silly guy.

He also adores glossy magazines. I used to let him chew while I read, but I don't let him have them now because he'd eat whole strips which isn't healthy. He is still far more interested in them than in phonebooks or newspapers - must be something about the taste that he can't get enough of ;-)

Rabbit Hero wrote:
What are some of the silly things that your buns adore?
Scone's got a fleece blankie he really likes. When he comes into my bedroom to spend the night, after he gets his petting up on the bed, he'll jump down and sit or lie down on the blankie. I'll often see him bunching it up and smoothing it out just right. And, of course, his best buddy Borders Bunny sits next to the blankie, so he can be right next to his friend.

sconetwin9348.jpg

My stud Conti Giant buck (5 yr old), "Snuff", LOVES plastic cups, ever since he's lived at this rabbitry he's had an infatuation with them. He has at least 3 in his court at the moment and wouldn't give them up for the world, if he goes out into the pen during cleaning he has to have a few in his pen otherwise he wont leave his court, and he's too big for his boots to even consider picking him up to move him!
Our lion heads also love rope toys, they couldn't care less about any special toys, treats etc, they love a piece of knotted rope.
My Dutch kits (6, 5 week olds) have adored small cuddly toys since they left their mum as well, always snuggling up to them.

Sabrina LOVES used dryer sheets. I dropped on in the hallway one day and she wouldn't let me take it away from her. I tried giving her a new one as a treat one day and she wouldn't even go near it...she only likes the used sheets.

i give Bugs and Bunny, buck and doe repectively, fresh green veggies but i go near their hutch they stand on two feet n eat whatever i give them even if it not better than the things they have.

Ziggy for some reason is completly obsessed with a plastic cat toy. It's small and has a little bell inside - his old owner brought it with him when she gave him to me. He loves to pick it up and throw it and carry it around. I can sometimes even get him to play fetch with it. I have to take it away from him at night though, because if I don't he keeps me up all night with it.

Barnaby really likes a toy stuffed lobster. We got it for him when his first buddy Zeus passed away. He grooms it and snuggles next to it and tries to carry it around with him, even though it's bigger than he is.

Latest posts

Back