Silly things our bunnies do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyBritt

Reaction score
Ever since I found out that my Willa was actually a Sir William, it seems that he has been trying to prove his masculinity. Know he was pretty fearless to begin with but now I guess I just notice it more. He doesn't seem to be afraid of anything and when the rare occasion of something does frighten (i.e. me rounding a corner to fast or suddenly laughing out loud to loud) he will sprint a good leap or two then come back shaking his head and investigating. I swear he's part cat, part dog and part horse. He often runs around the house "shaking his mane" finding something "scary" to overcome. At least scary to bunnies. And oh my when I vacuum and he's out he often lays in front of my vacuum cleaner seeming to say "You shall not pass!" There's normally a spot in the carpet where you can see I had to vacuum around the bunny. We often poke around and call him The Galant Sir William. Belle on the other hand seems to be frightened by a lot and can often be found thumping at something demanding for it's removal. She reminds me of a princess because she acts just like one!
I would love to know what silly things your bunny or bunnies do when they are frightened or what they are scared of or if anyone has a fearless bun like my Sir William.

I'm a little confused on your doo rag comment. Does your bunny not like them?

Trix plays kill the doo rag. She boxes at it, bites it, plays tug o'war with it, licks it, smooths it out, then repeats the process. I wish my videos would post to Youtube...

That is so funny!!!! My buns don't really play. I have a hard time finding them toys but both of them run the bunny 500 around our tiny apartment bouncing off of everything. I bet your Trixie is cute to watch.

Your Sir William and my Blue Barry have a lot in common. I've always thought to myself that rabbits are like horses...and dogs and cats... but you are the first one I've ever seen make that same reference. He does a lot of the same and some. Barry's a lover bun too. He loves to snuggle and give kisses. Face kisses, chin kisses, eye kisses, then he snugs down and receives kisses from me. Here's his funny part though. When we're done with our smoochy session (after he gets mine) he'll give me about 10 lightening fast hard kisses back to back and then he's off to do his own thing. I know then it's over til the next time. Its really quite funny.

Awww that's adorable. Sir William likes to pretend sometimes that he's not a softie when it comes to pettings. Some times he demands me to pet him and others I can pet him and he acts as though I've tricked him into it. He will go into a trance where his nose stops twitching and he purrs.
I may have to try Trixie's doo rag game. I gave Sir William an old towel at one time and he drug it around his cage so maybe he would like it.

Mine does the kissing thing too. It's so cute...
If I'm lying in bed, he'll pull at the sheets around me. If he sees us eating he will insist on eating as well.If he thinks my husband has slept enough, he will jump onto the bed and start jumping up and down until he wakes up. It reminds me of a little kid.
He will act as a watch rabbit. If he hears a sound, he will jump up and start nudging us.
Sometimes when I'm cleaning up the room, he will help by swatting some poops into the dustpan.

Watch Rabbit to the rescue! What a little helper. My Belle doesn't like the broom so I have to be careful if she's out not to scare her with it. Sir William feels the need to sniff everything I sweep so I normally have to distract him with greens and treats if he's out.

Ohh LOL and another thing Barry has in common with Sir William is laying in front of the vacuum or just trying to bully it away. Which worries me to death because he's an English Lop. His ears drag the floor and I'm terrified that I will suck one up! He also bullies the cat. Especially if she's getting my attention or sitting in my lap. This just will not do and he shoo's her away.

Sometimes when I'm cleaning up the room, he will help by swatting some poops into the dustpan.

Whaaaaaat?! Lol I feel you should definitely take a video of that!

Sophie does many silly things, she throws herself to the ground, rolls partially onto her back and licks the rug!

She shivers and shakes and does a little bounce after eating very fresh greens from the garden.

She crawls around and digs at this one blanket I have and gets really staticky fur.

When I offer her a piece of carrot, she rips it out of my hand as if to say, "MINE, GIMME!"

As far as when she's scared, she usually throws herself into her wicker basket and her eyes literally look like they are going to pop out! Lol

I don't know how silly those things are to other people but I sure think she's a silly girl:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophie sounds like a silly bunny indeed!
My two are stingy when it comes to hay and pellets. Belle is obsessed with hay and Sir William will make noises when he eats pellets.
Blue Barry sounds like a brave rabbit!

Oh good grief Barry has added something to my list of silly things today. He attempted to groom the cat, but she refused his grooming, answering this by hissing. Later that morning, I caught him in the hall, where her bowl of kitty kibble is, and he was shooting her bowl of kibbles around the floor pulling it with his front paws through and between his back legs like a hockey puck (or hiking a football if you will). I've been noticing her kibbles have been spilled outside her bowl lately. Now I know what's up.

My Conan is an escape artist extraordinaire. Put him anywhere and the first thing he looks for is how he can escape and where to find the hardest to get into hole. There have been a few escapes that were just baffling to me, as I know his tendencies and thought I planned for them completely. Boy was I wrong. Otherwise he's a grumpy little fellow and quite the picky eater.

Meanwhile Xena is a food disposal unit, trying to eat nearly everything. She thumps at everything that displeases her, and boy is there a lot of those things. The funniest I thing in my mind she does is whenever I have to pick up Conan for whatever reason, she'll hop around me in a circle, thumping, in my mind telling me to put him down. She's overprotective of him I guess, but really I think she believes no one gets to bully him but her. For his part, when I pick up Xena, Conan just goes to hide as he wants no part of that.

My Adam Bomb likes to chase the and kitten. The cat loves to play with him but my cat is a scardy cat and the bunny knows it so will chase him down. The kitten just thinks he's a new play toy but the bunny lets her know whos the boss in the house.

Adam also has strange little quirks where if there is a piece of paper or something that shouldn't be on the floor he digs at it and tries throwing. I feel like he is trying to tell me mom this needs to go in the garbage or something like that.

He loves to find my blankets and dig at them, if they weren't so big for him I think he would drag them away too.

My bun sits near my face and tries to make a bed. She digs at my blankets and clothes haha. Then, she licks my cheek or nose :)

I was reading a book in my bed. then there were some sounds coming from the next apartment so my girl came running thumped once jumped up to my bed took my book and threw it out of the bed and then lay down as close to me as she could get. I need some snuggles and I need them now!!!!

Latest posts

Back