Silent Creek Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bramble Briar86 wrote:
This is Torquay's two month old baby, Figment...he is being weaned and is seperated from mommy
Awwwwwww, I want a goat in my house!!

Your budding family is lovely, Ellie! Love the new additions. Glad you're back (again -- you keep disappearing!)

Pats and kisses all around!

sas :)and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Yeah, i know, it feel like i've not been on here at all since last summer. I think things are slowing down (my summer is starting, drivers ed class is over) at my house and i'll have free time to get online!

Ellie

My Houdini boy with the devil eyes I love so much:

Houdini50.jpg

This is Sprite and her lovely tushie...."What's over here?"

SpritesButt.jpg

Another of Sprite:

SpriteEyes.jpg

Lexi and her delicious apple friend:

LexiApple50.jpg

"Can I eat the camera, too?"

100_2943.jpg

BUNNY TONGUE!

100_2938.jpg

Apples aregone!"**Gasp...no!...She said WHAT?!"

100_2949.jpg

Lexi exploring the couch back:

100_2953.jpg

Lexi Funny Face:

100_2956.jpg

"Must clean! Don't look at me!"

100_2967.jpg

Dead Bunny Flop:......eating apples must be SO exhausting!

100_2971.jpg

The Bunny Banter (the rabbit's modified version of the canter)

100_2969.jpg

Enjoy!

Ellie

Bramble Briar86 wrote:
Dead Bunny Flop:......eating apples must be SO exhausting!
That is funny to see Lexi flop with one ear straight up. :D
Pebbles would of finished the apple before she flopped. Buther apple wouldn't be that big. ;)

Rainbows! :)

jordiwes wrote:
Awesome, I love couch bunnies!

How is your gorgeous rescued mini lop girl? Does she have a name yet?

The mini lop we rescued got a name, Cinders, but she is no longer with us.

When we got her, we were told about a recuring eye problem. It was recovered to the point where it only produced small amount of "eye gunk". I went away for the weekend for a church lock in and when I came home late in the evening one night I noticed something terribly wrong with Cinders. She wasn't eating and her breathing was irregular. I pulled her out of the huge and she had mucus blocking her mouth and nose to the point where she could barely gasp for a breath about every 15 seconds. We decided the most humane thing would be to put her down...not the easiest decision for she was beloved but we knew we had to. :(

We think the infection moved down to her lungs and started to get bad when I went away for the weekend, probably pneumonia.

I still miss her terribly, she had one of the best bunny personalities I've ever seen. I want to take in a rescue again because the Recycled Rabbits place is FULL but i'm afraid that next time the new rescue will infect the whole herd with something worse!

Lexi and Sprite are her two daughters though, and I'm going to keep them forever.

Ellie

Well...I have changed the name of the farm toSilent Creek simply because others did not like "Saddle Creak" :?...Sonow we're gonna be registered "Silent Creek"....I'm working on gettingthe dairy goats bred for early next year...YAY! Goateh babies. HoneyBun has one kit left ((sweet cheeks)) and everyone else is doing justfine. My female duck started laying for the first time and my geesestarted up laying again. A few more pullets have matured and arebeginning to lay...it's really annoying to find eggs everywhere!!! I'lltry to put more pictures up at a later date....here's one of Torquay:

Ohh wow you have some very pretty bunniesthere,Houdini is such a spunky little guy,i just love that littlemischievious look he has:)

Love the pictures of your goats,they are such pretty little things,aww i have always wanted to own a goat:hearts

It sounds like you are very busy over there

cheryl

Aww i just love this pretty little girl..

my little Wally does this with his ears,and it is the most cutest little thing:inlove:

100_2956.jpg

cheryl

I noticed that you live in Adelaide....Torquayand her sister Adelaide were named for those two cities by theirbreeder! At first i thought Torquay was a weird name for a goat but nowi LOVE it! I have lots of pet names for her. I love goats too:)most people don't realize how different they are when notraised in a petting zoo setting...

If i find the time or if people are interested i will gladly launch into my speech about what goats really are like :Dlol.

It doesget pretty busy buti'm more busy mentallythough..planning for ordering chickens in winter, breeding the goats,breeding rabbits and planning everything else :?.

-Ellie

Here's another pic of me and Torquay

Ellie, Beautiful Pictures. All your animals are wonderful. :kiss:

I love all their names too, very fitting and creative.

-Haley

Oh, and would you like me to change the name of this blog to Silent Creek Acres? Just thought I'd check ;)

Bramble Briar86 wrote:
I noticed that you live in Adelaide....Torquay and hersister Adelaide were named for those two cities by their breeder! Atfirst i thought Torquay was a weird name for a goat but now i LOVE it!I have lots of pet names for her. I love goats too :)
Ha that is so interesting! but the names are lovely though:)

ohh you are so lucky to be amongst all those animals

what agorgeous picture!..

attachment.php

cheryl

Latest posts

Back