Signs of broken bones...?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellamy+Lilah

Reaction score
If a bunny accidentally gets injured somehow like fractures or breaks a bone, are they typically really good at hiding that? Like, how would you be able to tell if something was wrong with them?

I understand bunnies are often good at hiding their discomforts or illnesses, I was just wondering how they typically act when they have a broken or fractured bone? Is it obvious?

I am currently bonding bunnies and just am trying to think ahead in case a injury ever happens.

When a bunny is in pain they might sit hunched up, grinding teeth, not wanting to eat, and be quite aggressive if you try to touch them. You might notice them walking funny with a broken limb. If you know normal bunny behaviour and movement, you should be able to notice a major injury. I’d be more worried about cuts and bites with bunny bonding than I would fractures.

I do check them over at the end of each bonding session because they have jerked out some wads of fur a few times so far but that's it. I put my hand between them if I feel like one of them might be getting it's teeth too close to the other's face or privates. My worry was bones because I can spot cuts and abrasions easy but I never had a bunny with a bone injury yet.

Sounds like you’re doing a good job! I’d say broken bones are unlikely when bonding, and when you have one you’ll know :)

Latest posts

Back