Side effects of Revolution - red, gunky eyes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandyK

Reaction score
I gave my rabbit a dose of Revolution 2 weeks ago. The next day, she had a big chunk of goop in her eye that was irritating her. I wiped it out and she was fine - it never returned.

I gave her another dose of Revolution today, and within a few hours, I noticed the corner of one of her eyes is becoming red.

Is eye irritation a side effect of Revolution? I like my vet, but he didn't give me any information about this, and I don't have the Revolution box because he gave me the medication in pre-filled syringes, so I can't even read about it.

Any help is appreciated!

Unless some of the revolution ended up in her eye, no. May have just been coincidence and she got something else in her eye, but she may have gotten some on her paws and then rubbed her eyes, or gotten it on her paws, licked them, then went AHHH YUCK tried to get the taste out of her mouth and ended up with junk in her eye that way. But putting a topical on a rabbit isn't going to cause issues like that with the eye, its going to cause problems at the site or internally if there are issues.

Watermelons wrote:
Unless some of the revolution ended up in her eye, no. May have just been coincidence and she got something else in her eye, but she may have gotten some on her paws and then rubbed her eyes, or gotten it on her paws, licked them, then went AHHH YUCK tried to get the taste out of her mouth and ended up with junk in her eye that way. But putting a topical on a rabbit isn't going to cause issues like that with the eye, its going to cause problems at the site or internally if there are issues.

usually Revolution is give with a repeat after 1 month ?? :?

Iagree with Watermelons ; if it was applied in the incorrect area and she was not held until it dried she could have groomed it off her fur and wiped it over her eye.

Thanks for the help guys. My vet (and the instructions on the package) said to give her a new dose every 2 weeks.
I did apply it properly, but come to think of it, my vet didn't even tell me how to do it. I guess it's a good thing I've used these meds before!

Thanks again! She seems fine now, but I'll bring it up at her next appointment.

Latest posts

Back