Sick??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
Luke has been having cecals all day yesterdayand today. I gave him a veggie bar for his 3 month birthday but he hadhad treats before and I didn't think it would make him sick. His wholecage is covered in wet, sticky, clumped together poops!! I have to washhim daily now to keep them from his fur... Why is he getting these? Ithought you were only supposed to get them at night from the nutrientshe is not recieving. But from the amount of poop it looks like he maynot be recieving any nutrients!! Is he sick?

I moved this to the Infirmary.:)

Sounds like the veggie bar was a bit much for him. Is hehaving normal poops with mushy cecals? Or is everythingmushy? If everything is mushy I'd recommend calling the vetas he's so young- the young ones are more sensitive todiarrhea. A little bit of rolled oats and lots ofhaywill probably help, but as I said, it's best to call avet.

If it's just his cecals and he has normal poops too, keep him clean andkeep an eye on him. Make sure he's drinking lots of water,and get him to a vet if he acts different or gets worse.

Check here for more info:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11935&forum_id=10

THANKS!! He is having normal poops also but itis worring me with the amount he is having!! GEEZ! But I will keep himclean... Right now he is working on learning the water bottle but hehas a bowl of water also. He loves his hay so I will just keep feedinghim that..!!

Latest posts

Back