Sick rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doreena

Reaction score
Hello its sunday and vet not opened. I have a 4 year old japenese harliquin. Weighs 9 lbs ans sees the vet twice a year. Healthy. He did a dead buny roll, and did a 1 and half roll. 10 minutes he crawled to his closet. Not using back legs. Trying to get comfortable. Did he sprain something OR coyld he be suddenly dying . he is not screaming. Please help!! Doreena and jack.

He could have injured his back. If it's an actual spinal injury, it's important to see the vet as soon as possible. If you have an out of hours vet that is experienced with rabbits, I would try and get into there tonight. If not, contact your vet as soon as they open in the morning.

In the meantime, I would be restricting movement. You don't want your bun moving around a lot and further aggravating the injury. Also important to make sure buns food and water is easily accessible since your bun won't be able to move around, and make sure your bun is eating and drinking. You may also need to make sure your bun is urinating on his own. You'll want to keep clean fresh towels under him so he doesn't get urine soaked fur overnight.

Latest posts

Back