Sick bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckkramer22

Reaction score
I just got my bunny 3 days ago and he's about 8 weeks. He drinks a lot
Of water but stopped eating his hay earlier and still chews on his alphafa sticks. He's peeing but I haven't seen him poop once yet. He is drinking a lot of water though. I gave him some gas x 125 mg mixed with 1/2 tsp water. I keep rubbing his tummy but hes still just sitting there and when I put him on the floor his goes into a corner. I don't know what to do! I don't have the money to go toa vet either :( help!!

You might want to post this under "the infirmary" section.

Do you have pellets for your bunny? Has he been eating any pellets?
I don't know what alfalfa sticks are.
Have you tried giving him more hay (even if what he has is not gone). Sometimes they are enticed by fresh hay.

8 weeks is pretty tricky, since some of the usual tricks to encourage a bunny's digestive system to keep going (canned pumpkin/fruit or squash flavored baby food, for example) aren't good ideas with such a young bunny.

if he stops eating or pooping completely for more than 8-12 hours, he really does need to see a vet.

you can try making a pellet slurry to syringe feed him (or critical care food if you have some of that). to make pellet slurry, you mix some water (or pedialyte) with pellets and microwave, then let sit for 5-10 mins so the pellets can "fluff" and mix together to break up the pellets as much as possible - add more water if needed to get it to a good consistency for syringe-feeding. you may need to cut the tip off of a syringe to make the opening a little wider if you make your own pellet slurry.

you want to squirt it in sideways (never straight back) and aim the syringe in the gap between the front teeth and the back molars.

here's a great video on how to syringe feed - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iGZVYVm5Bg[/ame]

Latest posts

Back