Sick baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppybunn

Reaction score
I have two three and half week old babies. For the last three days one baby not moving around. I have been giving critical care and she is very receptive to eating it. Her vent is clear no waste. Not sure what else I can do???

How do you mean not moving? Is she standing there? Are her eyes open and alert? Is she still with the mother and still getting milk as well? Is she skinny?

She's laying in one place not moving,she's gobbling the critical care but not eating on her own, she didn't show any poop on her bottom until today. Her eyes are more open this afternoon than yesterday.

I don't think she's nursing as she's very thin, her littermate is well, mom is very attentive to her

You can try holding the mother down and seeing if you can get the baby to nurse off of her. She really needs something with a lot of energy and fluids right now, like milk. Is she still drinking? Usually if they are quite skinny and not moving much to eat or have diarrhea, dehydration is a major factor. You could put out some unflavored Pedialyte in a dish and see if you can get her to drink that. You might want to talk to a vet about doing some subcutaneous fluids. Unfortunately I wouldn't hold out for a good prognosis. At this age you see some of them start to fade if they have some underlying issues that weren't evident when they were younger, especially if she is already skinnier than the littermate.

Latest posts

Back