Sick and S.A.D.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
I've been sick since last week. Imanaged to drag my butt to work this morning, but I don't think I'lllast the whole day. I'm tired of wallowing in misery on thesofa at home. I didn't leave the house all weekend.I'm taking antibiotics, decongestants, ibuprofen, and pushing vitamin Cand water, so maybe that willkeep mefunctioning.

It's cold, wetand miserable here. I think I haveS.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder). I get this way everyyear after the holidays.

I know it will be yucky until at least March, and that feels like forever.

Okay, I'm done whining now. Thanks for listening.

:hug:

I get a lot of problems with this too, because of working thirdshift. I used to go to work at 11 pm, drive home at 7 amwhile the sun was rising, then go to bed right away and wake up whenthe sun was down. No matter how cold it was I went hikingevery weekend just to get some sunshine because it reallyhelped. Now I stay up for a few hours when I get home insteadof going to bed right away so I can see the sun.

Maybe walking on your work break would help?

Hope you get to feeling better soon, physicallyand mentally! Another idea, maybe start tanning! :)I haven't tanned in a number of years, used to, and kinda makes youfeel like its summer, those beds get kinda hot, plus you'll get alittle glow.

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well:(. Ifeel kinda blah this time of year too. Have you ever talked to a doctorabout the SAD? I think they prescribe some people lightboxes thatsimulate the spectrum of sunlight. And look on the bright side, thedays are starting to get longer again (slowly but surely).

Feel better!
Matt

I went through this a few weeks ago and I know how miserable you must feel!

My doctor advised me to try some of those zinc cough drops, likecold-eeze. She said they can help shorten the length of your cold. Itmight be worth a try..

Feel better soon Laura :hug:

:hug1a ww w w w ...

Simplefix for that, though. Just head to Australia everyJanuary!

Easy, huh? :wink

Feel better soon! :rose:

sas :)and gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I feel yer pain, Sweetie...I woke up thismorning with a nice-sized headcold. Though I started feelingunusually tired last night before going to bed, I had no other symptomsuntil this morning...and now it's just FULL BLOWN. :(

This sucks...I'm right there with ya...:(

This is a really hard time of year. Just remember, we are past the solstice, so things should get better soon.

We are having yucky weather here in TX too. I have cabin fever so bad.:pullhair:

Thanks, everyone.

SAS, Australia sounds wonderful!

Rosie, I hope youget better soon, too.

It seems like I get one really bad sinus infection each year about this time.

I feel like a big contagious ball of bacteria.

Went home yesterday and collapsed on the couch. Casey (mydog) checked on me every five minutes. Hubby cooked dinnerand took care of everything else.

I actually feel a little better today, so I think the worst isover. If the giant headache would quit, I'dfeel somuch better.

Australia in the middle of winter is a really nice treat! It's really nice to have a tan in the middle of winter.

I couldn't imagine working a job where I almost never saw sun shine, I would miss it terribly.

--Dawn

Jenni wrote:
Just remember, we are past the solstice, so things should get better soon.
Can't wait for longerdays and more daylight,so I can get mycamera outdoors. Fornow I am using theflash for most of my pictures.And poor Pebbles hasto do most of herruns down in the basement.

So here's a super bigpicture for you. Itis uneditedwith no post processing.

Click on it to show it in the original size.

Rainbows! :D

Latest posts

Back