Quantcast

Sick and S.A.D.

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
I've been sick since last week. Imanaged to drag my butt to work this morning, but I don't think I'lllast the whole day. I'm tired of wallowing in misery on thesofa at home. I didn't leave the house all weekend.I'm taking antibiotics, decongestants, ibuprofen, and pushing vitamin Cand water, so maybe that willkeep mefunctioning.

It's cold, wetand miserable here. I think I haveS.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder). I get this way everyyear after the holidays.

I know it will be yucky until at least March, and that feels like forever.

Okay, I'm done whining now. Thanks for listening.

naturestee

Reaction score
:hug:

I get a lot of problems with this too, because of working thirdshift. I used to go to work at 11 pm, drive home at 7 amwhile the sun was rising, then go to bed right away and wake up whenthe sun was down. No matter how cold it was I went hikingevery weekend just to get some sunshine because it reallyhelped. Now I stay up for a few hours when I get home insteadof going to bed right away so I can see the sun.

Maybe walking on your work break would help?

AngelnSnuffy

Reaction score
Hope you get to feeling better soon, physicallyand mentally! Another idea, maybe start tanning! :)I haven't tanned in a number of years, used to, and kinda makes youfeel like its summer, those beds get kinda hot, plus you'll get alittle glow.

bunnydude

Reaction score
So sorry to hear you're not feeling well:(. Ifeel kinda blah this time of year too. Have you ever talked to a doctorabout the SAD? I think they prescribe some people lightboxes thatsimulate the spectrum of sunlight. And look on the bright side, thedays are starting to get longer again (slowly but surely).

Feel better!
Matt

Haley

Reaction score
I went through this a few weeks ago and I know how miserable you must feel!

My doctor advised me to try some of those zinc cough drops, likecold-eeze. She said they can help shorten the length of your cold. Itmight be worth a try..

Feel better soon Laura :hug:

Pipp

Reaction score
:hug1a ww w w w ...

Simplefix for that, though. Just head to Australia everyJanuary!

Easy, huh? :wink

Feel better soon! :rose:

sas :)and gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

maherwoman

Reaction score
I feel yer pain, Sweetie...I woke up thismorning with a nice-sized headcold. Though I started feelingunusually tired last night before going to bed, I had no other symptomsuntil this morning...and now it's just FULL BLOWN. :(

This sucks...I'm right there with ya...:(

Jenni

Reaction score
This is a really hard time of year. Just remember, we are past the solstice, so things should get better soon.

We are having yucky weather here in TX too. I have cabin fever so bad.:pullhair:

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone.

SAS, Australia sounds wonderful!

Rosie, I hope youget better soon, too.

It seems like I get one really bad sinus infection each year about this time.

I feel like a big contagious ball of bacteria.

Went home yesterday and collapsed on the couch. Casey (mydog) checked on me every five minutes. Hubby cooked dinnerand took care of everything else.

I actually feel a little better today, so I think the worst isover. If the giant headache would quit, I'dfeel somuch better.

aurora369

Reaction score
Australia in the middle of winter is a really nice treat! It's really nice to have a tan in the middle of winter.

I couldn't imagine working a job where I almost never saw sun shine, I would miss it terribly.

--Dawn

Pet_Bunny

Reaction score
Jenni wrote:
Just remember, we are past the solstice, so things should get better soon.
Can't wait for longerdays and more daylight,so I can get mycamera outdoors. Fornow I am using theflash for most of my pictures.And poor Pebbles hasto do most of herruns down in the basement.

So here's a super bigpicture for you. Itis uneditedwith no post processing.

Click on it to show it in the original size.

Rainbows! :D

Latest posts