Shya-she does what she wants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Easter coming on our pastor offered to come out and bless the animals. I had to laugh and ask if he did exorcisms because that's about the only thing that'll fix Shya!

Daddy didnt find it funny.

That´s so funny and I bet your dad didn´t find it funny lol. Nice idea, on Saint Anthony´s day who is the patron saint of animals, you can get your animals blessed at certain churches.

Hope everyone´s doing well.

He just laughed and said he knew a guy but he didn't get many requests for that. Our church is just down the street from a Catholic one. Of course once he meets her he may understand!
That's cool to know about St. Anthony. New thing to google. I was only tracking St. Francis.

Outside time yesterday. It was a bit on the hot side but the boys refused to come in.

outside-kai-6859.jpg

Big handsome dude

outside-franklin-6858.jpg

Another Handsome dude

hawk-watcher-6857.jpg

Dont worry guys I'll watch for hawks

Franklin was out with us today and I spotted a hawk. Then two. Then three. Uh it's time to go inside love! He's never been snatched up so fast he probably thought I was a hawk.

Quick video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGILrehlw5s[/ame]

hot chow! Embedded!

Last edited:
Elise is right, it was funny enough seeing the bird chasing the dog but the dog running away had me laughing out loud.

Finally caught being a sweet rabbit!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=832voL1YtaQ[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=832"][/ame]

It's so funny to see little Shya grooming this head that is nearly as big as she is, haha. Kai looks like he's in bunny heaven though, with her grooming him :)

Wow, didn´t realise Kai was so big or Shya so small in comparison. She looks tiny compared to him and he obviously loves being groomed by her. So sweet to see them together.

Holy crap, Kai is huge! They're so cute together though! Is he fully grown? Do german giants get bigger than flemish giants? I can't remember.
I want a gigantic rabbit to bond with a tiny Ellie.

I can't believe Franklin got her again! How terrible. She has like zero luck. Maybe she does need the priest!

I just looked up Saint Anthony. I didn't know he was a patron saint of animals, I thought he was just the patron saint of finding lost things. So I thought I had been praying to the wrong saint to find my lost car keys!
He is apparently the patron saint of a lot of things, horses, pregnant woman, lesser animals, sailors, mail.

Last edited:
Yes, I´ve never actually been to the blessing ceremony but they one in Mijas which is just up the road from me every year and I might go up there this year just to see what goes on, it will be next year as I´ve just realised it´s on the 17th January. It´s actually San Antonio Abad which is different from Saint Anthony of Padua who is the patron saint of lost objects and of women looking for a husband.

Great videos kaley. That bird is hysterical. I know nothing about birds they are so foreign to me so it's funny to watch birds do certain things like that I had no idea!

Kai is huge and looks so big in that video. Another foreign thing to me I guess....big buns. I guess I get my lesson in "foreign things" from your blog ;)

Tex-Anne the bird is a goffins cockatoo. They're the smallest member of the cockatoo family. They're known for being escape artists and huge clowns. She is both and has the mentality of a three old child. She's a pretty good bird likes to be held and cuddled and an excellent traveler. Birds tend not to like change but she really has no choice and excepts it pretty well.

Germans are a lot blockier than Flemish. They're suppose to be larger than Flemish as their max show-able weight is 24 pounds. I think for flemish it's 22 but then your pushing the limits on Continental and German. The longer and wider the ears the better. Kai is actually a small German at only 13 pounds but he's very tall and very long and has another 5-6 months to fill out. Very stubborn personalities and smart of course. Kai is actually a bit of a wuss. He doesn't do anything new without Shya having tried it at least once. When he gets scared he either hides behind her or ostriches and sticks his head under her. This morning she was laying under his ears like a rain guard or something. An odd couple for sure but she tolerates him. Most of the time.

The thought of that massive boy hiding under Shya had me laughing out loud so yes, you´re right, he is a wuss.

I´m so used to really small rabbits, seeing something so big is strange but I do so love those big ears and those big thumpers.

So the rabbits' new pens out in the garage are about four feet tall. I never even dreamed that any of the rabbits would attempt to go over and get out. It's a very long fall to the ground. Sunday Franklin spent all day out with us and when I finally put him up in the evening he decided he wasn't done. I came out there to check on everyone and I found him on the floor. I knew what had happened and he was rather stunned but no broken bones and no blood on his face. Never even thought to check his teeth. Tuesday we notice he's having a harder time eating. Check his teeth and sure enough those jokers look bad. Go to the vet today and he cracked both his front incissors to the base. Doc noticed the beginnings of a spur on his back molars and wanted to take care of that and trim his bottom incissors so everything will line up assuming his top incissors grow out. Gonna have to watch him for about a month to see if they grow or not.

I'm seriously beginning to think I should not keep rabbits. Franklin is my anger managment rabbit and I let him get hurt. Doesn't look so great after Shyas 13 day old "scratch." Which also happened to be a direct result of my jackassery.

It's not you Kaley, it's these RABBITS! We all think they will have more sense than to do something crazy(ex: go into the pen of a rabbit that has attacked you only a few weeks before, or try and climb out of a pen like a hundred times taller than you!). I had my baby rabbits in their playpen thinking that it was tall enough, and there was NO WAY they would try and jump out of it. Well, sure enough, one of them tried, didn't make it to the top, and got his foot caught on the way down. It took 6 weeks for his foot to completely heal. These spoiled rotten indoor rabbits of ours, just don't develop any common sense, and are always finding ways to get themselves into trouble :) The best we can do is try to guess ahead of the next stupid thing they are going to try.

Latest posts

Back