Shy buck?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

en16649

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted here before about my does not lifting. I’ve tried table breeding but as soon as the does aren’thopping around he loses interest. Also, as soon as he’s sees my hand in the way (trying to lift her tail or her hindquarters) he gives up.

he just seems to mount and then give up and jump off after a second or two, he’s not very committed. Any tips?

what I find helps is to try and breed the pair when the buck is hyper so he is less easily distracted when you lift the tail:) that’s the best I can do for now. Good luck!

Something we found helped was to put both in a large single carrier meant to hold a Flemish, that opened at the top. We could stay out of the way but it still allowed enough room for the doe to run a little. We had one buck who was only interested in mounting when the doe was moving, so table breeding wasn’t successful, but this worked. It also allowed us to intervene easier if the doe got too aggressive with him.

Latest posts

Back