Showing Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCWelch

Reaction score
How many of a breed/same age class/sex can you show at a time?
I have 2 Broken French Lop does both will be intermediates at the next show I plan to go to. I am actually just wanting the judges opinion because I am going to thin down the herd. (I don't need 2 broken Fawn does and 2 Fawn does) Can I enter them both under my name or do I have to put one in my name and one in my husband's name?

I guess what I am asking is "are you allowed to compete against yourself"?

I think you can enter as many as you want. To get legs, there need to be at least 5 rabbits and 3 exhibitors, but there can be more. Some shows, usually fairs around here, may limit entries per class, but I don't think they do that for open ARBA shows.

Breeders may tend to works with different colours or varieties of a breed, so they might only enter the best the have and that might only be 2 or 3 for each variety.

You might want to e-mail the show secretary for clarification, but I don't think entering 2 in the same class will be an issue.

As long as you have multiple rabbits on the table at the same time same breed/variety, whichever, you are competing against yourself, and there may be others in the class, may not. It's always better to have competition other than your own rabbits though - otherwise you can't get GC legs, and then you also don't know how your rabbits compare to others. ;)

But yes, there is no entry limit at open ARBA shows. Shows at fairs usually have limits (at least for 4-H), but it's something like 10 to 20. I normally never have more than 10 under my name at a show anyway.

Emily

Emily

Thanks everyone, I am hoping all the molting is done by the November show.(And I have some Jr's of my other stock)

Latest posts

Back