Showing my rabbit putting in competitions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stang-girl13

Reaction score
Im from ct ! I know you can show rabbits an enter them in jumping competition ! But how do you get started an is there any places in ct that do this

I don't specifically know about clubs in CT. You can check with local breeder clubs, 4-H clubs and even rescues to see if they know of anything. There is the American Hopping Association for Rabbits and Cavies, which is working on a national standard for the sport. They tend to do shows at rabbit shows. https://sites.google.com/site/americanhoppingassociation/home

For starting, there is some you can do on your own, but I would recommend trying to find a club to work with. Start with an H style harness and get him used to that. Most clubs require leashes, so also get him used to the leash and you used to using the leash safely. You can make a small jump (even a pole on the ground or on some dvd cases) and get him to learn to go over. Most rabbits will move forward if you touch their sides or above the tail area, so you can use that to get them moving and going over the jump, then give lots of praise when they do it. It can take lots of repetition and encouragement before they start going on their own. It is helpful to have a sequence of jumps so they learn to keep going, this is where it is helpful to have a club so you don't have to have all the equipment and there is usually more room to practice.

Thank you guys ! Wonder if they have BUNNY running tracks ....lol my dumny turns my living and dinning room.into a race track lol ...should have named her turbo like my bf wanted to lol

Ooo I didnt think about that ...but mayb if they where in there own lane an couldnt see other bunnys

Latest posts

Back